Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat band saw

Re: Meat band saw

This is the saw I have on loan. It's sized at 10" and the grinder portion is driven off the sake shaft as the blade pulley. Can't wait to do some cutting and wrapping.

I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Meat cutting band saw usually has a table that moves past the stationary blade/thickness measuring device. Meat cutting band saw has a lot of parts that come off easy for cleaning. Wood cutting band saw has a fixed table and no easily removed parts.
    Nothing says you can't throw a bag over the wood saw motor and power wash the saw out. Then bleach the crap out of it.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

main difference is SPEED and one for meat cutting is generally made of Stainless Steel, i have had and sold several and wish i kept one that can no longer get. A meat cutting bandsaw has a slower speed so as not to burn and also the blades are a bit different from the ones i have had.

I do realise a meat band saw is easier to clean.And no contamination,or smell.Very good info Daybreak and all the rest.What do sizes mean?Like say 10" ,to what it relates?Thanks.

I bone the whole animal out no bone's on saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolonius View Post
    I was thinking about T-bone steaks and ribs.I just find the taste that the bone gives appealing.Also hear some guys cut the meat frozen,faster and not much mess.Just kind of started thinking about it and want to see what the members have to say.
    Maybe debone most and just get a proper meatsaw and make chops from spine n back straps. Cheap too and not a hell of a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolonius View Post
    I do realise a meat band saw is easier to clean.And no contamination,or smell.Very good info Daybreak and all the rest.What do sizes mean?Like say 10" ,to what it relates?Thanks.
    10" refers to the distance between the deck or table on which the product is placed and the overhead support that houses the upper idler pulley for the blade. This essentially determines how large a piece of meat can be passed through the blade without hanging up on the structure. 10" is a pretty good size as it will enable you to squeeze a deer hind quarter through in one large piece for those large platter filling steaks. I'm lucky to have a loaner, however when I buy, it will be a real meat saw. Imo the others are not worth bothering with.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Has anyone tried the.princess auto meat bandsaws? Has an integrated grinder which might be nice to have if there was ever an issue with my weston. They're currently on sale for $399.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I never did use the one I have, so I posted it for sale if anyone is interested.

As someone that was in the meat industry for hmmmm 25 years you are far better off with a REAL meat band saw if you want to cut steaks and chops . Buy a small Biro , Butcher Boy , or other name brand they make small band saws for cutting loins into steaks . You don’t need a huge saw that is used for Beef breaking for cutting major primals . You can pick them up at auction although they are pricey !

No offence but I cut up a few deer for a fella with one of those no name band saws that had a grinder and it did not work well at all !
    You could learn to bone out your own game , you won’t be breaking any speed records or make a living at it but all of your meat will be there !

Arctic Lake
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 06-06-2021 at 10:19 AM.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !