Thread: Burns lake area Nov Archery moose?

Question Burns lake area Nov Archery moose?

Has anyone ever hunted that area for archery moose in mid to late nov?
    This is the only time I have for a hunt this year and would be curious if there is any one willing to give feed back on moose populations, weather, what to expect and archery strategy .
    I would be going Nov 20-26 this year.
    My work schedule, family illness and such has kept me from hunting this year. And my early hunts I had done extensive scouting on for elk this year were cancelled. I've got a 50/50 chance ( which is very good for me) that I might make it out in nov. any advice on strategy would be great.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Burns lake area Nov Archery moose?

This will be my first time resorting to late archery season to tag a moose for the freezer as well, so far this year my personal honey holes have been dried up. My stradigy for November is to get a hi vantage point at first light and the last couple hours of light, up somewhere where a guy can see a lot of country, logging blocks, puddles and such. It helps knowing the area, and how to get where. If your new to the area, the same thing might work for you as well if you had a up to date google earth image.

Iv never hunted moose right around home here in November, but have guided a few seasons around morice lake area for November moose. Most the bulls I guided seemed to be in newer logging blocks, some not even planted yet. Lots of the time they seemed to be on the higher end of the block if it was on a side hill.

With any luck we will get a few inches of soft snow,

good luck to ya!