Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening Morning Regions 1 & 2

Re: Opening Morning Regions 1 & 2

8 shooters, 80 snows in 90 min. Not to bad of an opening.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

guest Guest

NICE way to go Guys, our flight path had more Specs and Canadas, not many snows. congrats ! Holy Crap ! just realized .... this is LMainland ..... you guys are lucky to have one of the rare spots again .... Good on ya Jim, Dale and crew !

Great Shoot
    Last edited by guest; 10-10-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    8 shooters, 80 snows in 90 min. Not to bad of an opening.
    very nice and congrats..... That's a lot of work
    Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Definitely heard the early shooters at b bay. Some people just get to happy and cant wait I guess. I took my dad out this morning for his first time and we dropped 4 within minutes after legal shooting time. He was ecstatic to the point that I went out to collect the ones we had just shot and 2 groups flew feet above his head and he didn't even realize it. All in all I had a great morning with me dad and I think he's hooked

Quote Originally Posted by dak0ta View Post
    I got 2 Snows and 1 duck (what species?) out in Ladner marsh. Not bad for pass shooting

@Andrewh, were you the guy in the boat that helped me retrieve my Snow goose and put it on the shore for me?

That would be a pintail.....nice work on the snows!
    KCCO

I got 2 Snows and 1 duck (what species?) out in Ladner marsh. Not bad for pass shooting

@Andrewh, were you the guy in the boat that helped me retrieve my Snow goose and put it on the shore for me?

Judging by t he location of the crane at the port, we where group to left of you. I have just started fouling and it was a great day.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Any of you guys at Brunswick point.....what a sh*t show with the 150m shooting from the dyke,
    all of because of some idiots shooting too close to the dog walkers over the past few years.
    they really screwed up I think 100m would have been good enough.....frikkin politicians
    Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    That would be a pintail.....nice work on the snows!
    Knowing what species it is is also something you should know before you shoot Dakota. Basic hunting 101: be able to positively ID your target before shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by LupieHunter View Post
    Knowing what species it is is also something you should know before you shoot Dakota. Basic hunting 101: be able to positively ID your target before shooting it.
    Don't worry about it Dakota, I can promise not a person here could 100% tell the difference between a similar sized mallard and pintail at either the first or last 5 minutes of shooting light. As long as you can ID as a duck you are fine, BUT you must be able to ID after it is on the ground so you can keep track of your species bag limits.

Careful because those early season pintails can be EASY to mistake as a wigeon if someone just looks at a little blue on the bill, common mistake with newer waterfowlers.

Looks like a pintail, could be a young drake but more than likely a hen.