Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Moose hunt with Steamboat Mnt Outfitters

Re: 2015 Moose hunt with Steamboat Mnt Outfitters

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Dream hunt for sure!
    defiantly!

if your going to plan a trip i could lend some advice on what to pack and gear to have

guest Guest

Very surprised you didn't get your big bull there. Some great moose in that area. But that's hunting. Having been into that camp and area a few times its a incredible place. Did you consider hunting Bulls around Done creek part way in? . I see not much has changed at the main camp. Did you pound them tops for sheep ......? There's a reason the area is bordered and worked by guide out fits. How did you hold off on the generous amount of elk ........ Short hunt? That's a two day ride loaded to main camp. We had it all in there, sheep elk, Bou and yes moose but never took any big moose because of other critters filling the pack horses. Tooooo big them big Bulls. Great pics, we share duplicates of many of your shots.
    Thanks for sharing. Good to see the new operator is still going in there. I'll be back too.

Looks like a good time Danny, i'm contemplating a horse hunt in the next couple years.
    Hopefully next year a moose getz got on film.
    Thanx for posting.

Looks like a great hunting experience! Can't win every time?
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    Very nice! Too bad no moose but what an experience! Curious as to how that rifle is mounted? Looks like it's between you and the pack? Is it easily accessible without removing the pack (I would think so in grizz country no?)?

Edit ... not judging, sorry if it came off that way, just seriously wondering how that rifles mounted.
    Last edited by krazy; 10-07-2015 at 02:41 PM.

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by krazy View Post
    Very nice! Too bad no moose but what an experience! Curious as to how that rifle is mounted? Looks like it's between you and the pack? Is it easily accessible without removing the pack (I would think so in grizz country no?)?
    got to agree there, good to see your safe but having a bad experience in there with g bears two out of three trips ...... I wouldn't get caught standing on that pile with out it in my gun in my hands. Just my three cents

there should be more LEH in this particular area for GBears period. But no the gov caters to its friends.

the group i was with was ready for the Bear if he was around, my rife came out soon after that picture

As for the Pack, its a Vorn. Ill be offering these in Canada shortly. More info check out their website. http://vorn.no/ and video

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    got to agree there, good to see your safe but having a bad experience in there with g bears two out of three trips ...... I wouldn't get caught standing on that pile with out it in my gun in my hands. Just my three cents

there should be more LEH in this particular area for GBears period. But no the gov caters to its friends.

We hunted the main camp area, covered all the mnts aside from the tops with the sheep.... we called in 2 Bulls/non legal and seen 6 cow Moose. As for Elk we only seen one Cow.

Our trip was the 23-1,

Ill be joining the guys again next year...this time a little earlier in the season and with my daughter/shooter

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Very surprised you didn't get your big bull there. Some great moose in that area. But that's hunting. Having been into that camp and area a few times its a incredible place. Did you consider hunting Bulls around Done creek part way in? . I see not much has changed at the main camp. Did you pound them tops for sheep ......? There's a reason the area is bordered and worked by guide out fits. How did you hold off on the generous amount of elk ........ Short hunt? That's a two day ride loaded to main camp. We had it all in there, sheep elk, Bou and yes moose but never took any big moose because of other critters filling the pack horses. Tooooo big them big Bulls. Great pics, we share duplicates of many of your shots.
    Thanks for sharing. Good to see the new operator is still going in there. I'll be back too.

Looks like a great adventure.

Good stuff looks like a great experience. Hopefully next year it all comes together!