Thread: Mt Hope FSR

Mt Hope FSR

Anybody know anything about Mt Hope FSR, is it passable or is it even worthwhile trying that road for hunting.
    My hunting partner saw it on a map and asked about it, since I didnt know I thought I would ask about it.
    What is the hunting like there, lots of pressure or is there even anything there worth hunting.
    Any input would be nice.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Mt Hope FSR

Funny, we were just sitting on the back deck looking up at Mt. Hope and Son ( just came down from Princeton so we can go fishing today ) asked the same question.
    Never been up there but a buddy who does a lot of hiking says you can drive up so far in most vehicles then it gets really rough.
    I'll ask around and let you know if I hear anything.
    Most talk around here is Skagit or Coquihalla.

Re: Mt Hope FSR

Thanks Iron glove, I wouldn't recommend the Skagit right now as it was full of hunters and mushroom pickers yesterday.
    I ran into about 12 hunters in there yesterday and about the same number of mushroom pickers.
    I even hiked about 2-3 miles in the bush from the main road and ran into 2 hunters coming down and said there was another hunter up there right now.
    All I saw was 2 does and a bunch of grouse that were wary of hunters as they left as soon as they saw me.