Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blockade Updates

Re: Blockade Updates

Hmm sign says closed to all resident hunters..pretty clear ?
    Srupp

There are two very separate issues being lumped together on this thread. The BCWF northern B.C. mentioned blockades by Dease Lake area have nothing to do with the Gitzsan blockade. The Gitzsan blockade is to prevent access to their territory by the LNG pipeline people. That is why I asked if anyone had been stopped access from the Gitzsan blockade. When I was there, they told me hunters would be allowed.

There is nothing to show that the sign was or has been posted anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    There are two very separate issues being lumped together on this thread. The BCWF northern B.C. mentioned blockades by Dease Lake area have nothing to do with the Gitzsan blockade. The Gitzsan blockade is to prevent access to their territory by the LNG pipeline people. That is why I asked if anyone had been stopped access from the Gitzsan blockade. When I was there, they told me hunters would be allowed.

There is nothing to show that the sign was or has been posted anywhere.
    https://www.facebook.com/WildlifeDef...type=3&theater

Read their comments. Also that sign- left side next to the gate

They also had a video where they were confronting a hunter in the territory and trying to stop him coming OUT
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    That is a picture of someone making a sign, no information or indication where. Still no actual proof that the Gitxsan stopped anyone. There is some confusion on this thread about different blockades. There were supposed blockades for hunters in one area and a blockade for the LNG issue in another. Let's not confuse the two.

Some are hunters and some are poachers, don't confuse the two. Educate yourself before making accusations and repeating falsehoods.
    This is WDL behind the blockading of hunters accessing the areas. Initially WDL was to head to Sease lake area but I have heard (stand to be corrected ) that the FN in that area did not want them back and/or reached an agreement of some sort with the government. Therefore there was no further need for them to be their, so they intern found another blockade and basically piggy backed off the gitxsan blockade that was only there for stopping LNG purposes. So they arrived there in early September and left in early October about one month. Enough for them to make signs and take pictures as PR to show that they were doing something. This activity was funded by the $16000 that they raised. The picture of the girl making the sign is Bec Wonders on FB whom works with Tommy Knowles (co founder along with Emily Pickett co founder of WDL) in the WDL FB site the pictures show them doing this. Also in the Madii'L Camp (on FB) there are pictures of them as well. Right now the group is raising funds for their wolf campaign to come up to the peace to monitor the so called wolf cull. Tommy is somewhat militant and will use photography to skew the truth into fiction to gain any further funding. WDL has also now teamed up with Pacific Wild. In another twist the BC SPCA is now involved because Ms. Sara Dubois , chief scientific officer so called wildlife expert consults with NGOs such as Raincoast Conservation and Pacific Wild among many. It is best that we get on their FB pages to provide positive feedback backed by evidence as they will not like to be challenged.