Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockade Updates

Blockade Updates

Blockade Updates

The BC Wildlife Federation has been informed that anti-hunting groups are raising money to finance a trip to Northern B.C. with the objective of blocking resident hunters’ access to moose hunting areas.

The BCWF took proactive steps to address the possibility of illegal blockades and to find solutions by discussing the problem with the Tahltan First Nations, government, and by seeking legal expertise.

It became apparent that government had no plans deal with illegal blockades, leaving the BCWF to deal with the issue on its own.

The BCWF believes maintaining public access to shared resources is a principal upon which this organization was founded.

The BCWF is prepared to support our membership and resident hunters and ensure that access to wildlife is maintained.

The first step for anyone encountering a blockade is to follow our protocols for documenting any illegal action taken by protestors.

Without being confrontational, hunters are encouraged to take photos and notes of any blockades to submit to the RCMP, Conservation Officers and the BCWF.

Should a blockade materialize, BCWF is prepared to file a legal injunction if other solutions are not successful.

A legal injunction comes at a significant financial cost, but the BCWF will not stand down from supporting our members.

The BCWF would appreciate donations to the Action Fund to help deal with this issue.
    Make sure to Like and Share us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BCWildlifeFederation

Twitter- @BCWildlife

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Blockade Updates

This is very encouraging to hear from the fed, what isn't so encouraging is the government and the RCMP's political cowardice.

When can citizen arrests be done??

Wow we can't even depend on our goverment to enforce the law and protect it's own citizens !

Now remember everyone Mr Thompson, Mr Morris and the GOABC all said there is ample GOS moose season in BC. Well the Dease lake area is one of them so if they allow the blockades to happen that's one less GOS area gone. Time to force them to stay true to their GOS word and pull those blockades down. Must be time to email and ask them this exact question. Probably get a response after hunting season, In March maybe

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    Wow we can't even depend on our goverment to enforce the law and protect it's own citizens !

Let the average white guy set up a road block to show their displeasure and watch just how hard they come down on us........a paranoid individual could come away with an attitude that the average tax paying voter means dick to the govt other then a source of $$$$, to be used and abused for their own political gain. Said individual might not be too far wrong.......
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

Exactly..............

The provincial gov't is hanging us out to dry. This is where C-51 needs to kick in. Maybe start by writing our MP's
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Mass arrests with a minimum of 90 days in the slammer,,,,just til hunting season is over,,,then if they want to blockade when its -40 let em,,,lol

I find it interesting that BCWF would be so coy as to who these anti groups are, where they are going and what their plans are.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach