Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reward for grizzly killing video.

Re: Reward for grizzly killing video.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
    Was talking to a guy at work how saw the clip on the news and he said they interviewed a CO and he said there is nothing wrong with what happened other than possibly poor shooting.
    What he was told is 100% right including the part about "possibly poor shooting". The shots probably weren't that bad. A big bear, like the one in the movie can go a long ways on adrenaline, even if they're shot dead on the first shot. As for the blood trail on the snow and the dramatic roll down the mountain, that's going to happen the same even if the bear had both shoulders broke down, anchored on the spot and died the first shot.
    The bad part is the clip went viral, but then.....If it wasn't for movies like this the A holes that are making an issue of it might have to get a real job instead of leeching off the sheep that follow them. JMO

How about a reward to anyone who can send in the home address of the guy who heads up the "Wildlife Defense League"? I believe he is a North Vancouver Resident. That way everyone here who posts where to dispose of old meat, hides, mandatory sex organs etc. that we have to take home from the field will now have a great place to drop it off.....
    " I'm not lost but I don't know where I am"

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Two words that sum this organization up. You can say it! "Sponge Bob"
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dawg View Post
    It was scooped by the antis, edited to look worse...
    I thought so. That article draws attention to the fact that the video "shows at least two people laughing while watching a grizzly bear they shot numerous times rolls down a hill" but I'm fairly sure that wasn't the case in the original video, which is obviously now nowhere to be found... So frustrating...

Well the video has now ruined my goat hunt this weekend, the person with the truck has backed out after seeing this video.

Wonderful!

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wrj View Post
    The video wasn't very tasteful, that's for sure. Unlawful? No.

Is it unlawful to give the Anti's false information, like for example, if 1000 HBC'ers pointed them the wrong way?? That would be costly....
    Is pointing them to the GOABC the "wrong way"?

I generally don't involve myself in these type of threads, but...I just can't help it.
    People really need to put some thought into what they share on the internet. Legal or not, it's exactly this type of material that gets the fence sitters leaping into the anti hunting crowd. Hunting can get ugly sometimes, but come on people let's be conscious of what we're sharing.
    Everything I've read over recent years suggests that the majority of people have no problem with hunting for food/meat/sustenance. The majority also despise the thought of "trophy hunting", as in the what the general public considers trophy hunting - no meat removal, just hide and or horns. I truly believe we will lose our grizzly hunting opportunities sooner or later, and the best chance at saving them is to have meat removal mandatory. I'm not saying I want this, just being realistic. I'd like to continue having opportunity to hunt grizzlies.
    We'll never win over the nut job antis, it's the fence sitters we need on our side.
    Twist and pull.

... and then to be hooting and hollering at the end, like he's got something to be proud of in that amateur hour botch of a kill. Anyway, I'm bitter about my hunt ending because of this video.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoShot View Post
    ... and then to be hooting and hollering at the end, like he's got something to be proud of in that amateur hour botch of a kill. Anyway, I'm bitter about my hunt ending because of this video.

So the antis have converted another "Hunter" with a video groomed to do so. Nice.

That first shot was a kill. That bear was dead on its feet. How was that a "botch"?

Theres nothing wrong at all with being excited after a kill.

The only thing "wrong" with it is allowing it to get into the antis hands
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dawg View Post
    So the antis have converted another "Hunter" with a video groomed to do so. Nice.

That first shot was a kill. That bear was dead on its feet. How was that a "botch"?

Theres nothing wrong at all with being excited after a kill.

The only thing "wrong" with it is allowing it to get into the antis hands
    Well said...Dawg.