Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reward for grizzly killing video.

Re: Reward for grizzly killing video.

Quote Originally Posted by Krico View Post
    I generally don't involve myself in these type of threads, but...I just can't help it.
    People really need to put some thought into what they share on the internet. Legal or not, it's exactly this type of material that gets the fence sitters leaping into the anti hunting crowd. Hunting can get ugly sometimes, but come on people let's be conscious of what we're sharing.
    Everything I've read over recent years suggests that the majority of people have no problem with hunting for food/meat/sustenance. The majority also despise the thought of "trophy hunting", as in the what the general public considers trophy hunting - no meat removal, just hide and or horns. I truly believe we will lose our grizzly hunting opportunities sooner or later, and the best chance at saving them is to have meat removal mandatory. I'm not saying I want this, just being realistic. I'd like to continue having opportunity to hunt grizzlies.
    We'll never win over the nut job antis, it's the fence sitters we need on our side.
    So much this

not wanting to spark argument/contraversy between us hunters, but it seems as though the bear was hit in the lungs as is shown by the blood coming out his nose when he rolls down the hill. maybe this is an atestment as to how tough these animals are or possibly the hunter may have been using to light of a gun, who knows, hard to say anything for sure. even so it is a good idea to filter what gets posted as to not give the antis more ammo
    PSE,
    29 1/2"
    splittin' arrows

Seems odd, is this footage of two different bears getting shot? If not than how could the bear make it down to snow if that was good shooting? There's no snow anywhere in the first frame. The first shot the grizz was on the move, that's a poor choice for first shot. Seems like this video has been tampered with hard. Wicked video to have at home but don't let it get into the wrong hands, that's where they really went wrong. If you film it and it gets out it's nobody's fault but your own.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

To the range boyz. It's our responsibility to shoot lots. The British SAS shoots everyday for a reason. I'm not suggesting we do that but it was obvious the shooter did not do a good enough job. If you hunt you have to shoot and have confidence of your limitations. Not too impressed with what appeared to go down in that video. You have to have respect for any animal you hunt and kill. After all you are taking theyre life. also stop posting video on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoShot View Post
    Well the video has now ruined my goat hunt this weekend, the person with the truck has backed out after seeing this video.

Wonderful!
    Your better off to find out their a bit squeamish before than after you get a goat down. It's hard to hitchhike with a dead billy strapped to your back. You need a ride where are ya. I might be able to help you out.

If I was shooting at stuff that bad I would never have made it public. Just pose with the kill. I don't think anyone would post it if it was illegal so those people are grasping at straws. (What ever that means)

Photoshot where is your hunt?

Shoot and shoot again till the bear is down! First shot looked great, follow up was great, the spotter did a fantastic job. The excitement of the kill and shooting is a normal reaction for one that just harvested an awesome animal. Those Antis can go pound sand!!
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Shoot and shoot again till the bear is down! First shot looked great, follow up was great, the spotter did a fantastic job. The excitement of the kill and shooting is a normal reaction for one that just harvested an awesome animal. Those Antis can go pound sand!!

X2. I've heard some stories about how tough a grizz can be and if the first shot was a kill then the repeated shots (in my mind) would be to ensure the quickest most humane death possible. And yes If this was my hunt of a lifetime I would be a bit giddy with excitement once I was done focusing on the task at hand. hell - I've heard ungulate stories of good clean shots but the animal just won't die on the spot and runs and has to be tracked all day etc. I honestly don't see one damn thing wrong with that video?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dawg View Post
    Ive got his name, outfit, where and when it was shot- and the TV show it was shot for.

Theres ZERO chance of a reward-

"Reward for prosecution"

He did nothing illegal

So they drive traffic to their cause with no risk of paying out.

How you get this info and please advise us to for future knowledge