Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reward for grizzly killing video.

Reward for grizzly killing video.

https://www.kelownanow.com/watercool...Hunting_Video/

What are your thoughts on this video? The video is at the bottom of the article.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Reward for grizzly killing video.

thoughts about the vid have already been shared by many ... personally, I find the reward extremely unsettling....a tactic to get more anti hunters that might just avoid it, to watch it and be disturbed

I saw the video a few days ago,,I was sickened by it,,,the guide should have done a better job,,,however,,,I will not support an anti hunting advocacy group in ANY way,,let alone this witch hunt for the people involved. They will attempt to destroy this persons life in any way they can as most of these nut jobs have no regard or respect for anything but their cause.
    Tell them to piss off

Making a video of you hunt for whatever that might be is fine and dandy. Posting it to social media is not. It's a macho thing and we hunters should refrain from indulging. If you're compelled by some inner force, then make sure that it is only available to your group. All you're doing by posting broadly for all to see if pandering to the eco-terrorists who will find a way to make money off it and curtail your hunting privileges.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Already a thread on this.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Very unfortunate. In hunting not everything always works out. Follow up shots are needed. While i don't agree with possible shot timing, placement, or method they did put it down and the bear didnt get away injured. Offering a reward for info on the hunters is bs. I would imagine this was a legal hunt. Sad though, only gives the antis more ammo.

Ive got his name, outfit, where and when it was shot- and the TV show it was shot for.

Theres ZERO chance of a reward-

"Reward for prosecution"

He did nothing illegal

So they drive traffic to their cause with no risk of paying out.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

What actually is the problem? I mean not every hunter puts down a perfect shot. They stayed with the animal after the initial shot. Put follow up rounds on the animal. Are they concerned because it fell down the hill after being shot or that there was blood on the snow?

Pretty poor shooting, not fun watching an animal suffer but the bear rolling down the snow is cool. I don't see any laws broken, just junk shooting. Not the wisest decision to let video go viral.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Pretty poor shooting, not fun watching an animal suffer but the bear rolling down the snow is cool. I don't see any laws broken, just junk shooting. Not the wisest decision to let video go viral.

The first shot was a kill. But the rule with grizz is keep shooting till they are dead. Then shoot once more.

They had no say in letting it go viral- they are in hiding now- their FB page is gone, personal accounts etc as well.

It was scooped by the antis, edited to look worse, and then blasted out to make $ for their agenda.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...