Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Grouse

Re: Blue Grouse

That is awesome. Must have been a rush to hunt over your pup for the first time.

Me, I got one yesterday. Not sure what kind, so I had to cancel one of each tag. It should be written on them somewhere, like a model number. Frustrating.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    That is awesome. Must have been a rush to hunt over your pup for the first time.

Me, I got one yesterday. Not sure what kind, so I had to cancel one of each tag. It should be written on them somewhere, like a model number. Frustrating.
    Nice..........
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Cleaned
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    70 or so Blue Grouse?? I've only ever seen a handful of Blue Grouse in my life!
    One covey we put up had 25 birds in it. That was awesome to watch.....they flushed out of range but we got a few singles.

That's awesome. I wish I saw that many grouse.

Congrats on a great day afield.......that's a nice haul!

I can't wait to get out and get some. I'm having a hard time finding any grouse tags. I phoned a couple of places and asked...I was put on hold and then they would come back on the phone and tell me they don't have them. I guess every one else has bought them all up already.

Love the classic ride, Rod!!! It's been a while since they made nice square wheel wells for sitting on!!
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

My buddies land crusher

Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    70 or so Blue Grouse?? I've only ever seen a handful of Blue Grouse in my life!
    For blue grouse (now dusky grouse) around PG, head east into the mountains and start climbing or driving up the logging roads. They are high elevation birds around there. They are also not hunted much and are very very tame. They make spruce grouse seem hyperactive. They also have a more 'needle-based' diet than the birds farther south. I've shot a few around Slim Creek and some of the hiking trails that get into the alpine.

But for the true blue grouse experience, you should go farther south.. William's Lake & south