Thread: Pinsize

Pinsize

somewhat of an issue with me. It seems to me that my .019 pin takes up too much of the target at longer ranges. for me that's 40-50 yds. I'm thinkin that .010 would be sharper and more precise. I'll never take the 40+ yd shot but I would like a sharper point when aiming. It's the ol aim small miss small thought. Are there any thoughts on a smaller pin? and also, I have a Trophy Ridge pursuit with a .019. Can I switch out for a .010 pin? or do I have to buy the whole sight again?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pinsize

I went with a custom set of pins with the .19 for my 20 and .10 for the rest. One thing about the smaller pins though, they are harder to see in low light so make sure your sight lite illuminates them well... mine wasn't as the 50 yard pin was bent away slightly and needed a bit of a twist.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Re: Pinsize

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I went with a custom set of pins with the .19 for my 20 and .10 for the rest. One thing about the smaller pins though, they are harder to see in low light so make sure your sight lite illuminates them well... mine wasn't as the 50 yard pin was bent away slightly and needed a bit of a twist.
    Thanks for that..I'm shooting a trophy ridge single pin