Well I dunno if this is the right section for this but as an Albertan I'm going with it. I've kinda sworn off these inter web forums for a while as I'm pretty convinced they do more harm than good for our past time, but I feel the need to thank BC in general for allowing friends and family to hunt the province without the necessity of an outfitter. The best way I can think of is to share the story and pictures with other hunters.

So back in the spring of this year, my better half got to scheming with her sister to arrange a hunt for mountain goat for me with the brother in law. She may love me so much that she wanted to make me happy....or maybe she was just tired of listening to me whining about wanting one. Either way, she was hoping to surprise me by telling me the day before I was to leave that I was going. The wrinkle there is that there's a boat load of paperwork to arrange beforehand so I got to anticipate things for several months.

Finally the summer was winding down and I found myself heading northwest. Like a long way northwest. Like around 2200 km to the NW corner of BC from the SE corner of Alberta. I stretched it over 3 days stopping to see friends along the way, and picked up BR (BIL) as well. One last night in civilization and it was off into the wilderness for a week give or take.

After the long journey through mountain valleys we reached the base of the mountain where things got vertical in a hurry. We bushwhacked through the forest and scaled the rocks to get to the edge of treeline. We decided to camp in the shelter of the low conifers as the wind was givin er pretty good. We went to bed with 14 goats within eyesight and under 350 yards.