Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Swarovski slc or el's opinion on them

Re: Swarovski slc or el's opinion on them

I spent a lot of time researching and looking thru pairs and found the 8.5x42 el to be hands down the best of the bunch for me. Buddy bought his slc hd 10x42 at the same time and he thought those were the best for him. Try them all out and see what fits best for you.

Had the 10x42 EL's out sheep hunting. Stunning optics, can't think of a finer bino for the mountains. The 8.5power may be more suitable for timber and more modest ranges. The 10x seems a lot more powerful than any other 10x I've ever looked through. More like a 12x!
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I have had both the slc and currently own the el's in 10x42. Both absolutely top notch binos. Either pair u will be happy with. Slc' are a little smaller and lighter. El's a little better more clear and crisper right out to the edge. If you did not have them side by side you would never know the difference. Just a opinion from a guy who has owned both

Quote Originally Posted by noth615 View Post
    Extra weight, extra price, objective lens size doesn't effect light gathering, only the pupil size. In that caliber of quality glass, it doesn't make much difference what the objective lens size is.
    I agree. The difference between HD and this and that to me is negligible. But hey, 56 yr old eyes. Big cost dif which IMO isn't worth it.

i have them both i like the feel of the SLC just the the way i hold them

Quote Originally Posted by hotspot View Post
    Hi Iam in the market for either one the new slc or el's looking and r the el's worth the extra!
    10 x42 EL .. let me know if you want the Swarovski bino suspenders for them . i have a brand new still in the box
    " Never tell me the Odds "

Quote Originally Posted by okas View Post
    i have them both i like the feel of the SLC just the the way i hold them

You know it's funny u mention that. I too found my slc's nicer to hold then my new EL model

yes, it is just every hand has a different grip. I had a pair of Zeiss my kid got them for a Christmas gift years ago ..

Out of all the binos I handled this summer, every one in grouse River, the vortex razor 10x42 felt the nicest in the hands. The SLC was lighter and handier than the EL but optically neither is in the same league as the EL IMO. The EL 10x42 is a bit on the bulky side but I like the palm/thumb recess, and you can spend 16 hrs behind them with no eye discomfit. Priceless.
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

I have the 10X50 SLC version. A bit heavy but awesome at first light. I wish I had bought them a long time ago.