Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Salmon Open Again. Fraser Mouth and Banana Belt.

Re: Salmon Open Again. Fraser Mouth and Banana Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    Hey guys, if your fishing. Pt. Grey, North Arm, Iona, T10 Sandheads. There are a few ramps, near captains cove off Ferry Rd. In Ladner, another near Westam Islandr, another ramp at the end of # 1 or 2 road near Steveston, and if coarse Mcdonald Beach park North side of Van airport. All are good access to fish these areas. I also use McDonald when fishing Cap mouth, freighters, QA Roger Curtis, Hump ......... Just a few ideas for you all.
    thanks lots

Slayed off Westshore today. Biggest was 25lbs. Wooooot!

Was a great bite yesterday morning off Sandheads.....lots of nice springs to be had.

Sweet, Never done the the sand heads. Might be dicey in a 17 ft. I here it can get really ugly really quick oot there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Glenny View Post
    Sweet, Never done the the sand heads. Might be dicey in a 17 ft. I here it can get really ugly really quick oot there.
    Was flat as a pancake. Started at the north arm which was bumpy early in the morning but Sandheads was beautiful. There were guys out there in a little 14' tinny.....so VERY doable. They were older fellas and we were convinced they were doing all they could to not be home with their wives.

Whoh! Must be nasty wives. haha nasty wife...Oxy moron? Just kidding wives out there.

guest Guest

Just TERRIFIC fishing off the Fraser mouth for Springs ........ Fish shallow, bait, hootchies and spoons ! Have at ER !

CT

I'm just getting into Salmon fishing, figure living in Hope right by the mouth of the COQ I might as well try to fill the freezer and / or smoker.
    Have been walking the shores for a week or so and there are a number of fish being caught and the COQ is full of spawners now.
    What salmonid has a yellow belly? Never seen anything like it before ( with my limited experience ) and the Pinks are a lot different looking.
    Dozens of these yellow bellied fish along the banks and dead in the COQ and saw one guy haul one in the other day. And yes, he was a poacher as he was a couple hundred metres up the COQ.
    Springs ?

Right on. I was fishing 40- 50 feet of wawa and about 25 feet down.

Did those yellow bellies have tiger like bars on their bodies. Could be chum.