Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage broadheads

Re: Rage broadheads

Fixed two blade give a complete pass through on deer and stick out the other side of moose with only 40 lbs of kinetic energy. Some complete pass through on moose as well. Why bother with expensive mechanicals.

Quote Originally Posted by E.B. View Post
    Fixed two blade give a complete pass through on deer and stick out the other side of moose with only 40 lbs of kinetic energy. Some complete pass through on moose as well. Why bother with expensive mechanicals.
    I like to try things for myself before deciding if I love or hate it....I also love spending money on anything hunting so its a win win

Just after buying a cross bow I was talking to a friend who has the same cross bow and he was telling me he had two shots at a deer with mechanical broadheads and they both failed and opened up one blade on the shot and became flyers missing the deer at 30 yds. So when I was looking for broadheads I saw MUZZY had target broadheads that came with their 3 bladed fixed broadheads so I thought I'd give them a try, they fly almost the same as the field broadheads.

Big fan of the rage two blade mech's. They fly true and leave a massive hole. I emptied out a 275ish lb Mulie in under 30 yards and dropped a 400lb bear in less than 40. The holes looked like a pipe went through them.
    Cant wait to murder something with them and my new carbon rig!
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Rage hypodermic 125 grain mechanical 30 yard spine shot. Didn't even go 1 yard. Dropped on the spot.2 " entry wound. Best evidence your going to get. Broad head is good for another hunt

Wow^^^^^^^

Have lost a deer on a pretty good shot to rage 3 blade mechanical. Never again. Found the arrow with nothing expanded. Muzzy chisel tip or Montek G5.

Never used a rage but was going to try them. I've bowhunted for 35 years. Last bunch of years I've been using jackhammers.
    Havent lost a animal and seen some drop cold. Tried the Montacs when they first came out after using Muzzy's and Wasps but the Jacks hit harder. Actually break bones by going through them. Never seen one not open and they shoot extremely well.
    I do my final sighting every year with a actual broad head. I also weigh my broad heads to make sure they are the same weight I've found its little things that really make a difference. I never take a shot unless the animal is in the right position

Rage hyperdermic 100 grain was insian last year. Shot a buck and cut his heart in half. It was a good shot so it wouldn't matter what broad head was on the arrow, but the entrance wound the rage left was like a axe wound. Crazy entrance, not bad penetration, flew like a dream out of my bow. Just lined the blades up with my cock vain and they flew great. I would
    shoot them at deer any day for sure.
    It is what it is...

Can't say anything about the Rage heads but that's because I just can't convince myself to try a mechanical broadhead. I'm using the QAD Exodus heads and they have been great. There are enough mechanical things on a compound to worry about the last thing I want to worry about is another mechanical thing on my arrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    magnums can easily turn your brain to mush,, and there is much evidence of that on the internet !