Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BC Hunting MU's transferred to GPS?

Re: BC Hunting MU's transferred to GPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam322 View Post
    I downloaded the Hunt Buddy app and its a handy little program, but it doesn't seem to track where i have been, just where I am at that moment. It would be nice if it would leave lines as you travel over the terrain like most gps's do. Maybe I'm not using it right, if you know how to make it track let me know.
    It doesn't do that on Android; you'll have to use a different navigation app if that's what you're running. On iOS there's an optional mapping add-on that does add tracks and waypoints, along with offline maps and parks & rec sites.

I seem to get stuck at the 'converting KML to GPX' because the KMZ file isnt in KML format and GPSBabel doesnt seem to work. I've tried to change the path's to zip as a few forums said, but to be honest it seems above my head lol

I've got my old iPhone with Hunt Buddy....but would also LOVE to have this figured out on my Garmin. Anyone have any experience in how I can get the KML file out of the KMZ files?

KMZ is just KML compressed using zip. Try renaming it to .kml.zip then double clicking it to expand it into the .kml.

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    KMZ is just KML compressed using zip. Try renaming it to .kml.zip then double clicking it to expand it into the .kml.
    I tried that and I can turn it into a ZIP but cant seem to open it. I even downloaded a program called 7Zip just to see if it would help. Still no dice! This is frustrating!!

TTT....any other suggestions? Getting close to just bringing my old iPhone as well as GPS, but really didnt want to carry both.

Darn technology is awesome when you can figure it out!!

You can try the GPX file in the link. I have also included the KMZ file. I have added it to my Garmin and to my phone with Atlogis Topo Canada.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0A...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0A...ew?usp=sharing

Check out the ihunter bc app as well. You can cache sat photos.

I use Trible GPS hunt off the App Store for Iphone. You can cache sat images. Mark points with symbols (blood trail, game trail, etc.). Track where you've been. Its the best app by far. Theres a free app to try before you upgrade.
    http://www.gpshuntfish.com/Products/TrimbleGPSHunt/

Just download backroad mapbook v4 torrent if you have Garmin. It works great.