Thread: Books, Dvds, movies...

Books, Dvds, movies...

New to hunting.

Are there any movies, books, dvds that stand out to you that you would recommend? Or useful quick youtube videos that stand out?

So far what I have enjoyed are:
    -Steven Rinella has done I have learned from and enjoyed. He has a series called "Meateater" which I watch as well as one of his books.
    -Lloyd Anytpowich and his book A hunting we did go was a nice pleasure read
    -Anything by field & Stream. Easy read, pictures, lots of information

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Books, Dvds, movies...

Steve Rinella is also bringing out a two volume book on hunting, processing and cooking wild game. Vol 1 is big game and Vol 2 is small game. Due out in Oct, I'll be buying them for sure.

Have you checked Safari Press? They have a lot of good material. A book called "the perfect shot" north american version is an excellent resource as far as shot placement is concerned. It has pictures showing the position of the vital organs at different angles on all north american game. Perfect shot placement is crucial, that is what allowed W.D.M. (Karamojo) Bell to kill over 1000 elephants with a .303 and an 8mm.
    There are tons of youtube videos on shooting and sighting your rifle, and on how to field dress game.

Mountain Men is a pretty good series... not all about hunting but the way of life.

Safari Press, never heard of it. I will look into this! Thanks!

My copy of Steve rinellas "Complete guide..." arrived today. I'm very impressed and it's a very comprehensive. I would certainly get a copy if I were you. $18 on amazon.