Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Associated Wildlife Preserve - contact?

Associated Wildlife Preserve - contact?

Well after spending this past week asking permission for this coming season I have all but given up for the local farms out in Surrey/Langley. I asked a number of owners and they all said the same thing, "we are all tied up with A.W.P".

Can someone please give me the contact info for them? I have tried to look them up but they seem to be a pretty secret group.

thanks,
    Andrew

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Associated Wildlife Preserve - contact?

There's a few members of it on here. I guess if they're nice enough to pass info along.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    Well after spending this past week asking permission for this coming season I have all but given up for the local farms out in Surrey/Langley. I asked a number of owners and they all said the same thing, "we are all tied up with A.W.P".

Can someone please give me the contact info for them? I have tried to look them up but they seem to be a pretty secret group.

thanks,
    Andrew
    Paying fore sole hunting rights on private property. I didn't think that was legal. If it is it shouldn't be. It'll be just like Europe and Great Britain. If you got the money I guess you'll be able to go hunting waterfowl in the FV. I use to hunt on land that is owned buy the Dutch men that had some of their hired hands caught on film beating up some of their cows out of Chilliwack. Like I said I use to, now it's posted by AWP. I hunted that land ever since I was in high school, I collect CPP now, that will tell you how long I'd hunted out there. A couple years ago when I was trying to ask for permission I was told by one of the family not the normal guy that I was to talk to that they had sold the hunting rights to the AWP and no I couldn't get permission to hunt there. I asked him how much they had payed and he told me. IT WAS A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY, far more than I could afford. To me you shouldn't be allowed to do that at least not in this country. Last I looked there aren't any LORDSHIP ESTATES in this country,but mind you there are some that think they are, hey Mister ONWER of THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS. Apparently he's in on it. You can't compete with that kind of money, and you shouldn't have to, not in this country!

yes it is true all members hold prestigious titles and come from fine stock.

I heard at least one member is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I heard at least one member is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything
    I think more than one is. Not that anything is wrong with that. Just a bunch of guys that are too lazy or too busy doing other things? Than going to ask the farmer for permission them self's.

Delta has some crown land you still can hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    I think more than one is. Not that anything is wrong with that. Just a bunch of guys that are too lazy or too busy doing other things? Than going to ask the farmer for permission them self's.
    IM not sure if its to lazy. I don't know anything about this club other than I know a guy who is a member. Maybe they just want Exclusive rights and not have to deal with all the bullshit and drama that goes with public land or land that multiple people have permission on. Unfortunately its not like the old days where if multiple groups have permission and multiple people show up at the same spot you just join up and hunt together.
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    IM not sure if its to lazy. I don't know anything about this club other than I know a guy who is a member. Maybe they just want Exclusive rights and not have to deal with all the bullshit and drama that goes with public land or land that multiple people have permission on. Unfortunately its not like the old days where if multiple groups have permission and multiple people show up at the same spot you just join up and hunt together.
    The way it was in the "OLD DAYS" if you were the first one out of bed and the first one there the other guys realized they should have gotten out of bed earlier. What this is really about in my opinion is that everybody agrees that we here as older hunters and as outdoors people need to try to get more younger hunters and kids out in the field whether its hunting or fishing. You would have to agree the easiest and most inexpensive way of having the young hunter or kids to have success is water fowling. Because all's that they need is someone to take them,someplace to go! And a single barrel shot gun. Whether its a 20ga.,16ga,or a 12ga. if they can handle it. Thats how I got started, My dad wasn't a duck hunter he was a deer hunter and sure he took us deer hunting but not duck hunting. It was a old friend of the family that was a nuttzo duck hunter that took me duck hunting the first time out in east Chilliwack. All's I used was a Savage 22/20ga. over and under so really a 20ga. single shot and I got a couple of teal, I was hooked. Now if these young guys don't have anywhere to go there's going to be less and less young guys out there because of elitist groups like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    The way it was in the "OLD DAYS" if you were the first one out of bed and the first one there the other guys realized they should have gotten out of bed earlier. .

You are 100% correct. Its funny I didn't even bring that up because its so NOT the normal now. As far as no where to go. Again I don't know how much this club has leased up, but I do know quite a few waterfowlers over there that are not members that don't seem to have much of an issue with finding places to hunt and killing birds.

Lorne