Thread: Question for Bow hunters

Question for Bow hunters

Trial cams have been running for a couple of weeks now, the results and numbers are impressive. I set up a ground blind a few days ago and it appears not to have caused too much of a ripple with the deer traffic. Question........how does one access a blind with the least amount of disturbance. Blind is set up in a bush lot surrounded with agricultural fields and is impossible to access without walking through their feeding area, bedding area or travel routes. Intend to de-scent and get in place about an hour before first light. First time using a blind and interested in feedback how others deal with scent and walking through the area you intend to hunt.
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Question for Bow hunters

I would want to confirm the typical morning wind as well. But if you have no option on 'how' you access the blind, then the only option you have is 'when' you access it. I'd go in earlier and sit still, no farting. If you know you will disturb the animals in the field, don't try to conceal your movement and sound, just march through like a farmer. Get in to your blind quick and sit down. Maybe even walk well past the blind and then sneak back to it. Remember, they'll hear your jacket zipper. So sit dead still and let nature and the wildlife forget that you are there and find it's natural rhythm again.

I agree, either get in there well ahead of their movement, or moments before. You have tobe intimately knowledgeable of their patterns for your blind to be effective. You may have to move it. Lots of homework ahead. Trail cams tell a small part of the story..
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Ya pretty much covered there ... I assume you have Cams set up to pattern the deer? so you would know when they move from feed to bed and vice versa,

pay attention to wind patterns and work the wind, position yourself downwind ... this allows scent stealth and allows some more leeway with noise as noise doesnt travel up wind as well as downwind

Whack em and stack em
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask