Thread: Moose Draw 8-06 October 2023

Moose Draw 8-06 October 2023

Hey fellow hunters,
    After years of unsuccessful draws, my old man, who's a spirited 73 years old, and I finally managed to secure a Moose draw! The draw is for region 8-06. I plan on doing as much scouting as I can beforehand.
    As many of you know, balancing family responsibilities can be quite challenging. I have a wife and a toddler at home, which makes it difficult for me to spend extensive time preparing for the hunt. Considering my dad's age, I believe this may be his last hunting adventure, so I'm determined to make it count.
    I'm pretty sure we will be able to manage two 3-day hunts, and I really want to make the most of these precious days. Therefore, I'm reaching out to this community for assistance. If any of you have had success in region 8-06 or have any valuable tips or advice to share, we would be incredibly grateful. I understand that many of you can relate to the limited time we have due to family commitments, and maximizing our hunting opportunities is crucial.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me via direct message. Your assistance would mean the world to me. Thank you all in advance for your kind support.

Happy hunting!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Moose Draw 8-06 October 2023

go hunt it, id take more time off for it

Airbnb or rent something if this is Dads last hunt. Take the entire family, wife and toddler. Spend 2 weeks out there. You will regret anything less if this is truly your dads last hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
    Hey fellow hunters,
    After years of unsuccessful draws, my old man, who's a spirited 73 years old, and I finally managed to secure a Moose draw! The draw is for region 8-06. I plan on doing as much scouting as I can beforehand.
    As many of you know, balancing family responsibilities can be quite challenging. I have a wife and a toddler at home, which makes it difficult for me to spend extensive time preparing for the hunt. Considering my dad's age, I believe this may be his last hunting adventure, so I'm determined to make it count.
    I'm pretty sure we will be able to manage two 3-day hunts, and I really want to make the most of these precious days. Therefore, I'm reaching out to this community for assistance. If any of you have had success in region 8-06 or have any valuable tips or advice to share, we would be incredibly grateful. I understand that many of you can relate to the limited time we have due to family commitments, and maximizing our hunting opportunities is crucial.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me via direct message. Your assistance would mean the world to me. Thank you all in advance for your kind support.

Happy hunting!

I like this idea! Thanks

I agree with all the above, take the time for the hunt... that general area, at least when I lived around there, held good moose #s - find the premium habitat and call like crazy, they should be rutting, especially that first week or 2 of October.. good luck, let us know how it goes..

Now I know why my draw was unsuccessful. I put in the same area. Will be hunting mule and whitetail in the same area instead.
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by elker View Post
    Now I know why my draw was unsuccessful. I put in the same area. Will be hunting mule and whitetail in the same area instead.
    Me too for november

I’ve hunted the area a few times lots of moose almost always see a bull when I’ve gone. Always see cows

Elkhart area is where you want to be