Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vanderhoof moose

Re: Vanderhoof moose

Quote Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
    I wanted to try out the Vanderhoof area on whim as I was coming back from business in Prince Rupert. Stopped at Nechako Outdoors, asked for any details, and they wouldn't give up anything and basically blew us off. I know they are site sponsors, but I'll never step foot in there again. Thanks to the other suggestions here, I want to start hunting more west of PG in coming years.
    Ya think it'd might'a had sum thig to do with the "P.E.T.A." T-shirt's you guys were wear'in? I'm kidding, don't get me Banned, Again, Please! By the looks of it here Jeremy84, you've got lots of local guys willing to give you a hand, and that's what this site is all about! Also, if you guys do happen to knock a bull down, make plan's on how you can get the meat back home and keep it cold on the drive. I'm not sure if there's a "Meat Locker" or Walk in Cooler up there, but now would be the time to find out. Good Luck, take lots of pic's, and you guys have a great "Moose Hunt'in Trip"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    The north side of the Kenney dam (Holy Cross fsr) has put a few moose on our meat pole over the years!
    Pretty sure that's 12-A not 12-B(and also 6-4)
    Darcy

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by dellis View Post
    Pretty sure that's 12-A not 12-B(and also 6-4)
    Darcy
    Yup yup your right! Sinkut creek to height of land is divider between B and A. Check the regs! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Find a water source ... and remember ... Moose like cut blocks that are 5 years or 5 Minutes old

Lots of ponds just off the main roads that if you dont know they are there you will miss them totally

Have a great hunt
    This sounds like solid advice.

A 5 year old cut block?
    Be over a bulls head?
    Up to his belly?

Much appreciated as I am heading to 7 11 for the first time thanks...

the area is pretty busy and scoping out a spot can be difficult, when we go in there we typically have a minimum of 3 areas picked out incase there are already hunters in the area.

so far I have two areas I would like to check out so far. looking into a third spot. im just not sure of the road conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka260 View Post
    This sounds like solid advice.

A 5 year old cut block?
    Be over a bulls head?
    Up to his belly?

Much appreciated as I am heading to 7 11 for the first time thanks...
    blocks in the 5-10 yr old range give the moose good browse as well as enough cover to feel relatively comfortable. Remember that moose, like many game animals, prefer edge habitat like edges of lakes, swamps, cut blocks etc. Let us know how you make out

it looks like I wont make it up to Vanderhoof until the 15th of October. Will the rut be winding down by then?

The wolves have been thinning out the moose around the dam best stay in the northern region of that MU.

what dam is this?