Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Last pair of bino's I'll ever buy, under $2k?

Re: Last pair of bino's I'll ever buy, under $2k?

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    When it comes to bush planes the comparison you always hear is "it's almost like a cub".
    When it comes to binos you always hear, "they're almost like Swarovskis.
    IMO both comparisons are worth listening to.
    Funny, I bought a pa20/22 lmao! And I've been finding sheep with the Cessna 172 of binos!
    Last edited by .264winmag; 08-15-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Kowa Genesis - cant be beat value for money hell they are even as good as the big three... check the reviews!~
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Vortex warranty is lifetime, swaro and Leica are 10 years

Been reading lots about this ten year warranty with a 'limited' lifetime warranty. Can anyone clear this up on the meaning of limited? I assume it's lifetime when malfunction is due to craftsmanship but not from just pure abuse/neglect?

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Been reading lots about this ten year warranty with a 'limited' lifetime warranty. Can anyone clear this up on the meaning of limited? I assume it's lifetime when malfunction is due to craftsmanship but not from just pure abuse/neglect?
    I just picked up some Zeiss conquest HD's. They have a 5 year no fault warranty (same as vortex's warranty) after that it's lifetime but has to a fault with the bino. So dropping them in a dock like and smashing them won't be covered after 5 yrs. By then I'll want a new pair anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    They'll never not fix them but after the time is up and you've scratched the lenses or something along those lines you might have a very minimal service charge.

Whatever you end up buying, I suggest buying the tripod Mount for them too. I've never used my binos on a tripod up until about a month ago and what a difference it makes. Used to think resting myelbows on my knees was steady enough, wrong! I don't think a guy can really appreciate the quality of that high end glass until you get them rock solid on top of a tripod.

I like the tripod idea, for long backpack trips however I can't find room for a tallish tripod. I find an adjustable hiking pole to help a bit.
    Thanks for everyone's input, going for test drive at GR today. Visa is zeroed, this could be trouble lol

Hey man I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Camo Fire but they always have good deals on good glass. In fact they have a set of Leica Ultra Vids on right now. Good luck.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

Wholesale sports has the Leica HD-B on sale for $3017.49. Kamloops has one.Great price love mine.