Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Last pair of bino's I'll ever buy, under $2k?

Re: Last pair of bino's I'll ever buy, under $2k?

I had the maven C1 8x42 and I really liked them. In comparisons with my friend who had the vipers in 10x42 we preferred the C1's.

I sold the C1s because I needed the longer reach and now have the b2 11x45s. They are superior to the C1s for sure. True edge to edge sharpness. People talk about shallow depth of field which I get from using them. I haven't used a bino with deep field of view, but I am content zooming in and out as I scan the mtn.

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    Swaro SLC 10x42 any good?
    This is an old thread, but if you follow any of John Barsness’ work, he has stated that he thinks the SLC is the best bang for the buck of any bino available. Any optical advantage over it, is way out of proportion to price increase. That’s a solid endorsement from someone that uses and tests it all.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 07-23-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    I had the maven C1 8x42 and I really liked them. In comparisons with my friend who had the vipers in 10x42 we preferred the C1's.

I sold the C1s because I needed the longer reach and now have the b2 11x45s. They are superior to the C1s for sure. True edge to edge sharpness. People talk about shallow depth of field which I get from using them. I haven't used a bino with deep field of view, but I am content zooming in and out as I scan the mtn.

I considered buying the B2 9x45 a few years ago because they got excellent reviews. But I would up with a Leica Geovid from cameraland. At that time the 11x45 didn’t get the same level of love so I thought the 9x45 would’ve been the right compromise. So many choices and so few dollars lol.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 07-23-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Ordered a set of mavens B2 9x45 ! Hoping I love them .

IMHO you should also look at the KOWA Genesis models. Japanese made, make their own glass, top quality binos. I've had the big three and the KOWA Genesis are right there with them. Unfortunately they don't offer range finding binos though. KOWA is not well known in the hunting world but are considered to be top quality by millions of birders around the world... birders spend at least as much time behind their binos as anyone. https://www.peleewings.ca/inventory/...4&department=5
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by mddat View Post
    Vortex warranty is lifetime, swaro and Leica are 10 years
    Swarovski Optik offers a fully transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty against factory defects.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Ordered a set of mavens B2 9x45 ! Hoping I love them .
    Let us know your thoughts.

I have a pair and really like them.

Another member of this forum has them as well and is a fan.