Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Rabbit In August?

Re: Hunting Rabbit In August?

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    Tons of rabbit around kamloops area this year,,,,,been out 4 times since aug 1st,,,,have bagged 19 so far most with the .22 couple with 12 gauge,,,,,right at crack of light till aprox 8:30-9am,,,,,then again 6:30-7pm till dark,,,,some shots are close aprox 10-15 yards and others can reach out to 50-60 yards,,,,,no probs with insects on them,,,,,old cut blocks with thick growth lots of fun and good warm up practice for huntin the grouse when they open
    Way to go, man! Nice start!

I still haven't managed to get out there yet this year...

I took my 4 year old son out hunting for the first time that he realized on his own. We didn't see any rabbits but we did see a group of 4 bucks. He was really excited to see the deer.
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

I am in 4-9 and last weekend we got some rabbits just where it splits to 8-15. The best time seems to be right around 6PM and of course early in the morning. I had always wondered about rabbit fever but I have never seen any spots or creepy crawly things on them out here.

Just threw the first nights bag of bunnies in the crock pot, had to choose which bunnies to take as there are many small ones out there. Saw tons around though, nice to get out there again, those 2 months of not hunting almost killed me haha. Ive been around the 3-20s and have seen tons of chickens and bunnies and lots of nice deer, saw 60+ bears around where I live since spring but haven't seen any moose recently. but the gear is packed and heading back out for bunnies tonight.

Daughter and I went out for the first t
    hare trip of the season last Saturday. Saw 9 but they were brown streaks. Bush was a very busy place that night.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Firstblood View Post
    Just threw the first nights bag of bunnies in the crock pot, had to choose which bunnies to take as there are many small ones out there.
    care to share the recipe???

And if you guys don't have any luck message me and I'll sell you some farm raised ones

Roberts Bank isn't just for duck hunting. Just saying...

Drove and walked around the Copper Mtn area of Princeton yesterday with my little niece, starting at first light. Embarrassed to say I didn't see a single rabbit. A long drive for no bunnies but we did see a beauty of a boar and a good sized doe. It was raining in the morning, does this affect the rabbits more than other game?

i am very interested in knowing the area you are talking about please let me know im actually trying some hare hunting tomorrow up comstock road but i am willing to drive to princeton