Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hunting Rabbit In August?

Re: Hunting Rabbit In August?

Looks Good Willy!

Mid to late August is definitely the time when most dams have weaned their young.
    The August opening seems appropriate there.

Any signs of rabbit blisters?
    My usual rabbit area is becoming quite infected.
    The rabbits are still edible, but its a bit off-putting to deal with during dressing....

Quote Originally Posted by Wick View Post
    Princeton, Boston Bar, Top of the Coquihalla off towards Tulameen, Merritt. They are around.

I find it slightly funny I have no problem filling my deer and bear tags but damn rabbits evade me lol, after reading this thread and itching for season a buddy and I went out last night in one of these aforementioned areas and hiked the hills for 2 hours and didn’t even see a single rabbit ! Story of my life the few times I’ve went on a dedicated hunt for them lol

Walking buff....no signs of blisters in any ive taken this year, all looked pristine....come to think of it, cant ever recall encountering anything off in the rabbits ive taken up here over the years. Hmmmm.....wonder if its more common in the south?
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    I find it slightly funny I have no problem filling my deer and bear tags but damn rabbits evade me lol, after reading this thread and itching for season a buddy and I went out last night in one of these aforementioned areas and hiked the hills for 2 hours and didn’t even see a single rabbit ! Story of my life the few times I’ve went on a dedicated hunt for them lol
    You bring me a deer, and you can shoot some rabbits on my property! I always have a bunch to go around!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

is elevation the biggest factor in finding these rabbits? Being an ex Albertan, elevation is a huge mystery to me. Haha

thanks very much, gonna go for bunny hunt this weekend !!