Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Chronic Wasting Disease Surveillance Program

Re: BC Chronic Wasting Disease Surveillance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    It's when the whole deer is transported where the risk is high
    I can't seem to post the Report "Baiting And Feeding Deer In Wisconsin" Written By Keith Warnke And Chris Jacques.
    Very good information on CWD based on a solid funded study.
    Montana has a great Video on Youtube also.

I will try to post that report, it's a eye opener!

I was going to give the deer head but I couldn't find the information for the drop off location online. I am in Victoria. I noticed the provincial poster is asking for deer heads in the eastern part of the province. So I assume they don't need head from the coastal areas yet (?)

guest Guest

There's a whole lot if difference between the tower type Taxas baiting that goes on year round or months and months , continually dropping food like a chicken feeder, compared to trying to get a deer off game trails to slow down, take a munch on some alphalpha ya put down days previous.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    there's a whole lot if difference between the tower type taxas baiting that goes on year round or months and months , continually dropping food like a chicken feeder, compared to trying to get a deer off game trails to slow down, take a munch on some alphalpha ya put down days previous.
    educate yourself!

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bownut View Post
    educate yourself!
    get off your high tower tree stand bud, you are the best aren't cha. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by chele View Post
    I was going to give the deer head but I couldn't find the information for the drop off location online. I am in Victoria. I noticed the provincial poster is asking for deer heads in the eastern part of the province. So I assume they don't need head from the coastal areas yet (?)
    And thats the problem as it stands, I am not trying to scare all the hunters of the province, but it's time to wake up and ask ourselves what we can do to prevent the declines in wildlife.
    Everything we do has a effect.
    We continue to try and reinvent the wheel, and continue chasing our tails.

If funding is the issue, then use the studies that are out there and learn from them. If individuals continue to challenge you with the "Where's Your Science?", then show them.
    It's not debatable.

I keep using Youtube as a resource, but why not, it's the only way to get the best DNR Reports that are properly funded and to the point. The sad thing is we as BC resident hunters
    don't want to accept it as the truth.

Here is another great video on CWD "Naturally Speaking CWD And Deer. Why Should We Care?"
    Check it out..

I can't seem to post the Report "Baiting And Feeding Deer In Wisconsin" Written By Keith Warnke And Chris Jacques.
    Very good information on CWD based on a solid funded study.
    Montana has a great Video on Youtube also.

I will try to post that report, it's a eye opener!
    Look forward to you getting the info up.
    I have been doing some snooping as well.
    Looking at what common factors are, the where and why.
    Talking to some bio buddies.

I see that higher density populations is a commonality ......interaction with domestic animals.....farm raised elk etc etc.

The disease needs to be transmitted.
    Logic says work it from here to evaluate risk probability.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    get off your high tower tree stand bud, you are the best aren't cha. Wow.
    Ok Then.
    FWI I have never place myself above anyone, that is not what I want you to think of me.
    I am so sorry that I may have insulted you. That's not what I am trying to do.
    All I want to do is share my concerns, and if I upset you, sorry.
    Your correct about concentrated feeding and feeding at a moderate level, there is probably some difference.
    Again Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Look forward to you getting the info up.
    I have been doing some snooping as well.
    Looking at what common factors are, the where and why.
    Talking to some bio buddies.

I see that higher density populations is a commonality ......interaction with domestic animals.....farm raised elk etc etc.

The disease needs to be transmitted.
    Logic says work it from here to evaluate risk probability.
    Correct.
    The only reason I am looking into CWD in BC future is Val Geist spoke of it at one of the BCWF annual meeting, and all the changes flowing our way through the States.
    Montana, Idaho have big concerns and changing the practices, Wisconsin has been leading the pack on studies and Canada is asking for their help.

I will be asking to local Bios to come to my club to speak on these and other concerns in the new year, I hope they will participate.

Correct.
    The only reason I am looking into CWD in BC future is Val Geist spoke of it at one of the BCWF annual meeting, and all the changes flowing our way through the States.
    Montana, Idaho have big concerns and changing the practices, Wisconsin has been leading the pack on studies and Canada is asking for their help.

I will be asking to local Bios to come to my club to speak on these and other concerns in the new year, I hope they will participate.
    Grounding comment.....

Many have been thrown under the bus over WT comparisons using the adjacent areas of Idaho and Washington State......
    Deemed not relevant and can't be compared to BC.
    CWD, preds, habitat, and regulation studies (the list goes on) are subjective at best when making comparisons of that specific data to other regions in North America.

Keep an open mind as one absorbs information.

Where is CWD, a disease that is primarily associated with agriculture zones, higher density ranching and wildlife interaction within these zones, as a primary concern for BC? It is on the list but wildlife numbers continue to contract without CWD being a factor.

Great thread..... hopefully we invest more in awareness and support on the current drivers responsible for wildlife declines and a way to fund the correction and educate all in this province of this reality.

Those in management are aware of CWD and have their eyes and ears open.
    If it does show up, we need to have the resources to deal with it otherwise ..... yet just another hurdle facing wildlife with no $$ to address.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea