Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Chronic Wasting Disease Surveillance Program

Re: BC Chronic Wasting Disease Surveillance Program

Well learned something new from this thread

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    just wondering, are most blind or tree stand Bow Hunters using scent? Piss rags or bottles, rut scents, doe in estrous, etc etc .

I purchased a bottle once years ago, never seen any reaction to them, still have 3/4 of it left. Not much ch of a believer, mind you have don't use scent blockers or sprays as cover up. I just don't wear my man cologne either lol.
    Ya me too, don't think that you should put too much faith on the wonder products, still goes back to reading the sign and watching your wind for sure.
    It makes me laugh when you think about it, remember the old photos of a group of hunters standing over a bunch of bucks. long before all the gadgets.
    How cool was that!

CWD is spread by close contact and fluid transfer along with some other factors. Not much different than domestic sheep/ wild sheep contact. The devil is at the door,
    Some of the top Bios are already warning us about the future and that's why more States are singing a different tune.

This my sound silly, but start to youtube CWD State by State and then look at their changes in regards to hunting practices . I am not talking that far away either.

Scary stuff when you think about all the products that hit the shelves that without much regulation. Hope I am wrong..

Used some kind of doe in heat piss(code red I believe) in front of one cam. Zero interest from the deer. Saved the tarsals off my buck to use next year and expect much better results.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

The doe in heat lure works way better if you vape it.

One of the biggest concerns of CWD being introduced into BC from AB and Sask is the transportation of infected deer that were harvested in those provinces. This appears to be the biggest concern from those that are on point.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    One of the biggest concerns of CWD being introduced into BC from AB and Sask is the transportation of infected deer that were harvested in those provinces. This appears to be the biggest concern from those that are on point.
    You are probably right on this,lots of guys bringing back racks from alta, sask

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    You are probably right on this,lots of guys bringing back racks from alta, sask
    It's when the whole deer is transported where the risk is high

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Yes transportation is a big concern, thats one of the concerns that they can monitor, it's all the other unknown that scares me. Deer and elk farms seem to be located near the hot zones and when you can buy over the counter scent
    lures from the central states it leaves me wondering how well they monitor those products.
    Transmitting via body fluids is probably still the number one way of contracting CWD. Like I said before I sure hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    It's when the whole deer is transported where the risk is high
    I dont know much about it,was guessing that brain bits or something