Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closures

Closures

With all the fires in BC this year , I was expecting to hear of some area closures . So far I cannot find anything on line, have there been any area closures announced?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Closures

Quote Originally Posted by Busterbrown View Post
    With all the fires in BC this year , I was expecting to hear of some area closures . So far I cannot find anything on line, have there been any area closures announced?
    I was just discussing this with my hunting partner.
    A few years back they closed the back country for most of September.
    I am wondering if it’s going to happen again!??

There’s already discussions going on about more future closures as a result of this years wildfires.

I have property in 3-29 that has been under an ATV ban since the Sparks lake fire. Two years later the Whiterock lake fire has closed the area behind my home to all motorized vehicles. I expect we will be seeing something again. I feel for guys who have early season plans in region 7 as it was hit really hard in this years fires

They will announce the closures the last day of august before the bulk of the GOS opens just to **** over hunters.

If I’m not mistaken, the last few major burns (Sparkes Lake, Tremont Creek, etc.) had MV closures issued at the time of the burn and immediately following it. They were maintained for sometime afterwards and have only just been modified this past spring.

So, it should hold that if there is an MV closure in place now, it’ll hold for at least a few years.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Well that would suck if you had an LEH draw and then could not travel in the area !
    If that was the case off the top of my head I would say you should be able to either transfer to another area or have the same draw the following year . What do you fellas think ?
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Have a plan B. I backpacked in for opener last year and got evacuated on day 2. Didn’t have a plan b and ended up picking a random area that turned into a dull hunt. Was seeing elk and has some bugling, sure sucked to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Well that would suck if you had an LEH draw and then could not travel in the area !
    If that was the case off the top of my head I would say you should be able to either transfer to another area or have the same draw the following year . What do you fellas think ?
    Arctic Lake
    lol sure let’s just transfer a heap of people to some other random area to harvest their moose there instead. How logical.

All of these road closures are BS, "you can't drive on the road to support wildlife recovery", same as vehicle closures for grizzly bear restoration.

Drive on the road for logging or industrial purposes - OK
    Drive on the road for commercial mushroom picking - OK
    Drive on the road if you're First nations - OK
    Drive on the road for hunting access - NOT OK

Right......