Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What new bow

What new bow

I presently have a G5 Prime Impact. Now that's about a $900 bow if I were to buy it bare I think....If I were looking to take the next step and consider another bow, a "better bow" a "more expensive bow" what might be a good way to go. I like the Impact....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What new bow

Well if you just want to spend more money, get a Carbon Spyder. It won't necessarily be better though. If you are happy with the Prime why not try out one of their new bows? Alloy, Ion, or Rival? Try one with the new PCXL cams.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Why not just keep the bow you have and save the $. Take the cash and go for a week long hunt somewhere.
    stumpstalker.ca- Wood arrows, Spruce arrow shafts, and other trad gear.

"A society grows strong when old men plant trees under who shade they know they shall never sit."

Don't get sucked into the "top of the line... Most expensive bow" the most accurate bow I have shot was the 07 bear truth I gave my brother. It is an old and slow bow by todays standards but it drives tacks. You may buy a "better" bow and not shoot it as well as the bow you have now. Unless you see something you really really want.... Invest in accessories. Sight, stab, rest, release...

Foxtail
    HuntingBC Champ

Join DateSep 2009 LocationCloverdalePosts1,256

Don't get sucked into the "top of the line... Most expensive bow" the most accurate bow I have shot was the 07 bear truth I gave my brother. It is an old and slow bow by todays standards but it drives tacks. You may buy a "better" bow and not shoot it as well as the bow you have now. Unless you see something you really really want.... Invest in accessories. Sight, stab, rest, release...

exactly what foxtail said. if your happy with your current bow save your money and invest in better sight and accessories
    Elite Energy 32

Thanks for the response guys.......I have my answer.....so ..it's a 2nd hunt instead of a new bow..

Go for the second hunt, I can agree with all of them. If you haven't upgraded from a stock sight or stabilizer yet, consider something like one of the spot hogg sights, or a trophy ridge react. Once you buy a new bow, you'll be thinking about how expensive a hunt is, and that's what you shouldn't be holding back on

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Go for the second hunt, I can agree with all of them. If you haven't upgraded from a stock sight or stabilizer yet, consider something like one of the spot hogg sights, or a trophy ridge react. Once you buy a new bow, you'll be thinking about how expensive a hunt is, and that's what you shouldn't be holding back on
    I hear ya.....my impact came with a ripcord rest and a trophy ridge single pin...I'm not sure of the model 100% but it looks like a trophy ridge pursuit... Stab is a bit on the cheap side but I don't know the difference at this point..so Ya...2nd trip....maybe archery only moose in MU7??

I'm shooting a special decree HD, and I think it's incredible. Smooth consistent and accurate
    "Forty yards n closin"

Quote Originally Posted by afflicted 1 View Post
    I'm shooting a special decree HD, and I think it's incredible. Smooth consistent and accurate
    That looks like a very nice bow..I started with a PSE and like their products.....