Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Warranty

Re: Zeiss Warranty

can anyone tell me the address and ph number for the company in canada that does there warranty work

A year ago I dropped my 10-40 ziess bins breaking the eye piece, sent them to Ontario, had them back fixed cleaned and ready to go within a month! Because of that great experience with ziess I just got a new 75x spotting scope, expensive but worth every penny!

do you have to phone them??or do you just put them in a box,write a note about the problem,and put it in the mail.

I just sent them with a note what was wrong, and insured them at post office, and they sent them back

I printed the form off the website, listed the problem, and they had back to me. Just make sure send with tracking....

Quote Originally Posted by bighorn View Post
    do you have to phone them??or do you just put them in a box,write a note about the problem,and put it in the mail.
    http://www.gentec-intl.com/service/

I'm going to bump this thread! I've been waiting for a year for them to send me a replacement eye cup assembly for my Terra 10x42, every time I call Gentech they say Zeiss rarely sends them parts but I was first in line. So after waiting almost a year I called Zeiss USA to see if they could send me one directly. The lady told me that the eyecup was not a part that was produced by Zeiss and couldn't be replaced! (Even though it screws off) She told me to send them to Gentech and they would send them to the states and a new pair would be sent back to Gentech and then to me....

Well hunting season is approaching and that seemed like it could be fraught with delays, crossing borders twice, so I asked her if Gentech could simply send me a new pair without getting Zeiss USA involved. She agreed, I called Gentech and they agreed, I sent them to Ontario.

This morning I noticed that they had been delivered a few days ago so I called to inquire, the guy I had spoken to was on vacation and the manager was pretty unimpressed with the free replacement idea. He says he's going to look into it ... I told him it cost me $40 to ship them and I would be pretty unhappy if a new pair wasn't sent back...

So now I'm waiting for a phone call.

What good are $600 binoculars without easily replaceable parts? It's crazy if I end up with a $600 paper weight for the lack of a simple eye cup. grrr

I bought a Zeiss Terra, 4x12 -42mm earlier this year. They gave me scope caps for a 32mm. Sent the replacement out right away. Had it within a week. As for the scope, I've heard nothing all that good about Terra's but this one seems alright. I'll find out this hunting season thougb

I heard from them yesterday, apparently they are shipping me a brand new pair of bins. Hard to believe the screw off eyepiece isn't available as a spare part, but I will happily take a new pair every time I break them. Gentec is a little disorganized but I'm happy again.