Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mountain back packing food.

Re: Mountain back packing food.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervosail View Post
    Peak Refuel Canadian distributor - www.bridensolutions.ca
    Just ordered our groups meals from briden quick and easy. I planned to try making my own dehydrated meals but decided to give Peak refuel a try have always lived off mountain house and powdered mashed potatoes.

Hmm I buy a box of Idaho potato flakes..put in freeze baggies..then when having some of the MH...I add a handful of potato flakes..bit extra water..makes supper more filling.
    srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm I buy a box of Idaho potato flakes..put in freeze baggies..then when having some of the MH...I add a handful of potato flakes..bit extra water..makes supper more filling.
    srupp
    Sounds like a good idea, my wife shakes her head at me when I’m sampling different powered mash at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Usually a MH user but this year I'm using Alpine aire. Wayy less sodium, and better selection of flavours. Heard nothing but positive feedback about them. Also for lunches I'll be eating peanut butter/honey bacon bagels. approx 700 cals for one 6.5 oz bagel. Then just the regular trail mix, cliff bar, and jerky for snacks throughout the day
    I've tried them and they are absolute GARBAGE. Shit in a bag would be better.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
    I've tried them and they are absolute GARBAGE. Shit in a bag would be better.
    Okkkkay then.

Loved Peak Re-fuel on the last mountain trip. I will never be going 2 weeks in the mountains again with MH after having the Peak meals. As far as sodium goes, in the back country, the more sodium the better. There are lots of moment's where I am more on the dehydrated side. More sodium = more retention of water, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I didn’t think alpine aire were very good at all, I usually split a mountain house meal in half then add ichiban noodles to it with dehydrated pees and carrots. I will have to try the flaked potato idea.

I dehydrated all my backpack meals. Here are the dinners for my upcoming sheep hunt.
    Bison Stew
    Elk Lasagna
    Elk Chili
    Italian Sausage ( bison) and pasta
    Tikka Masala
    Bison burger soup
    Spaghetti and elk meat sauce
    Bison Shepherd pie
    Jambalaya
    Hashbrown Casserole with ham
    Pulled pork wraps
    Mongolian elk
    Will bring Idahoan potatoes and some sidekicks.
    Also dehydrated some sugar free pie ( anies pizza and bakery in cache creek)