Thread: Sighting in Broadheads

Sighting in Broadheads

Whats the general consensus on sighting in broadheads? Do you sight in your fieldpoints when you are not hunting, and then sight in the broadheads prior to a hunt? Or do you sight in your broadheads, and just hold high or low for the difference on fieldpoints. I can't get out to the range much and so would like to do as little resighting as possible. Also, anyone know of any permanent 3D courses set up in the Lower Mainland?
    Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sighting in Broadheads

I believe the Ridgedale club, Abbotsford Fish and Game Club, and Mission Club all have 3-d ranges. Call a sporting goods shop and they will be able to give you better information.
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Sighting in Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmWSM
    Whats the general consensus on sighting in broadheads? Do you sight in your fieldpoints when you are not hunting, and then sight in the broadheads prior to a hunt? Or do you sight in your broadheads, and just hold high or low for the difference on fieldpoints. I can't get out to the range much and so would like to do as little resighting as possible........Thanks.
    What I generally do is to dedicate maybe 4 arrows out of a dozen for hunting. I set them up, spin them for trueness, and slip on a practice head - or just use one broadhead tipped arrow to sight them in.

Sharpen up the dulled broadhead that you used for sighting in, put it back on its arrow, spin test it until true, and you're good to go for the season.