Thread: Fishing Puerto Vallarta info

Fishing Puerto Vallarta info

We will be going down for a wedding at the end of Oct and I am looking at doing a little fishing for one of the species on my Bucket List.....Rooster fish.....plus maybe some sailfish...and anything else that we can fish for...LOL

There maybe 4-6 of us, so we have not decided whether to head offshore or do some inshore fishing.

Anybody been down that way and would recommend a guide to head out on. Any tips or tricks??

Thanks

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fishing Puerto Vallarta info

Following along. I am off to nueva Vallarta for New Years

Miss Adventure charters Captain is Fernando Covarrubias
    (52)-322-225-5608 no one else was catching fish, he took us to a place with no one else, in 6 hours we had 4 dorado on, 2 into the boat and a 40 lbs rooster fish to boot, make sure to tell him you got his number from the drunk Canadian that gave him the I phone 5 lol

Get a hold of Scotty's Tours in Bucerias(just north of PV). Scotty is a former Vancouver Islander(let him know you are to) and he has always treated us great. Tell him you are looking for some real fishing action not one of the gang boats. I'm sure he will set you up at a great rate.
    I shoot a "Girly Gun" a lil' ol' 45-70
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Cowgirl View Post
    Get a hold of Scotty's Tours in Bucerias(just north of PV). Scotty is a former Vancouver Islander(let him know you are to) and he has always treated us great. Tell him you are looking for some real fishing action not one of the gang boats. I'm sure he will set you up at a great rate.
    Yep this is where you want to leave from. Right now they will be fishing for cow tuna up to 300 lbs.
    great to deal with and top end gear.

Hey Ken.....have a good buddy who fishes everywhere and has done PV a number of times. BCI from the BCFR forum. He says to contact Marla Sportfishing and to fish with Danny Osuna or his brother, they have fished the area for years. "Tuna should be GREAT at that time" I was told.

They have 3 Blackfins and a Rampage, roughly 45 minute cheap taxi ride from PV to the marina. May be the same port mentioned in earlier posts but apparently much closer to the good fishing grounds.

Awesome folks!!!

Thanks for the ideas, will be doing some follow up this week and getting stuff sorted out.

Thanks again

Cheers

SS

"In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Depends on the season, but primarily Langley

Definitely target cow tuna
    Get off your ass and go hunting

www.Lodestaroutfitters.com

Thanks again folks!!

Still talking to different guides etc. They are all worried about El Nino and the effect it will have on the fishing this year. Time will tell.

One thing is that I have been whittled down from a 10-12 hour trip to a 6 hour trip.......

Cheers

SS

I took a chance with one of the beach vendors in Nuevo on four hour trip in the bay. Turned out to be one of the best fishing days of my life. My whole family came and we caught about 8 40+ lb yellowtail and a few small skipjack. 170$ and we were fished out after 3 hours and could barely move my arms the next day. Beer included too. His name is Ramone and he is usually on the beach between the Hard Rock hotel and Club Marival. Just ask some of the other vendors. They all know him. Good luck