Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenetic Energy

Re: Kenetic Energy

Yup I'm surprised that G5 didn't recall the T-3's ... total crap! I really like the way the reapers are flying. Was practicing out to 75 yards with them today and enjoyed watching the way they fly and whack the target!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by aggiehunter View Post
    Hermy, killing dozens of 60 pound deer is not the same as an 800 pound mature bull elk.....
    I've been in on 4 bulls (5 point or larger) taken with the reapers in the last 3 years, 1 by myself (plus another spike bull myself). None went more than 100 yards, most less than 50. All passed through except one that was quartering toward, took out one lung, through the liver and jammed into the rear hip bone. Every one that was recovered could have been shot again. These were all tossed with the Stryker 380's.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Hey Mikey Rafiki - what bow/arrow set up are you using? Interested to know draw weight, arrow weight and FSP data when you were shooting elk with the Reapers if you have it. All the boys are telling me to put some weight on my arrows but they are flying so well I hate to mess everything up... Thanks

Mikey, and what distance are they shot at?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    Hey Mikey Rafiki - what bow/arrow set up are you using? Interested to know draw weight, arrow weight and FSP data when you were shooting elk with the Reapers if you have it. All the boys are telling me to put some weight on my arrows but they are flying so well I hate to mess everything up... Thanks
    Stryker 380 crossbow, 20" Gold Tip Laser II bolts 300 grains with insert, fletching and knock, plus 100 grain 1-3/4" Reapers for 400 grains total. 165lb draw weight, never chrono'd them. It's actually my brothers bow, dad has the exact same setup so I always have one to borrow as they are on opposite shifts, lucky me as I've scored 2 bulls the last 2 years. Now that I have a chrony it would be intersting to see the numbers.

Distances varied from 6 yards to 60 yards on the kills I've been in on. The 60 yard kill walked 20 yards flopped and expired within a few minutes.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Is there a ke calculator?

Bought the matrix 405 2 months ago. Bought custom strings for it.
    385-390 fps
    BA 18" zombie slayer w/ 2" blazer veins w/ 80g inserts and lumenoks
    125g spitfire/toxic/QAD exodus Broadhead
    13.87" power stroke

GM

Calculator at http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpenergyk...y_equation.php

Are those numbers the marketing hype or actual chrony FPS with your set up? You will need to measure the fully put together arrow weight in GRAINS. Make sure you select grain and foot/second on the calculator.

ty hermit. got those numbers on my chrony.

Quote Originally Posted by gmachine19 View Post
    ty hermit. got those numbers on my chrony.
    Holy smokes that is pretty crazy good. So what did your KE turn out to be?

Found an easier site to calculate KE https://www.goldtip.com/calculators.aspx

with 401gr @ 385 its 132.01!

This xbow is as they advertised. its not a target practice bow. its a hunting bow. Takes quite an effort to pull back just with the stringing aid.