Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carp bow hunting in the lower mainland

Re: Carp bow hunting in the lower mainland

Quote Originally Posted by rides bike to work View Post
    Your not using the light to attract fish your using it to see them
    Hey, fair enough, I can see that side of it. Call me chicken, but I'll let you debate the finer points of that with a CO in the field.
    Sapienter si sincere

Quote Originally Posted by Fred1 View Post
    Brag about the antlers not the caliber.

I can see the headlines now "BC Trophy hunter known as big boar on the Internet caught luring well know carp "flipper" using light. He initially wounded the carp with a now and arrow and later killed the well known fish with a knife. Then continued to savagely make sushi on the bow of his canoe.

Quote Originally Posted by rides bike to work View Post
    Then continued to savagely make CARP sushi on the bow of his canoe.
    Dude, it's almost lunchtime. What are you trying to do?
    Sapienter si sincere

Quote Originally Posted by Fred1 View Post
    Brag about the antlers not the caliber.

Foxtail, looks like you're bow fishing at Burnaby lake??!

Tons of carp in that lake

I wish... Seen monsters in there... We were out at nicomen.

make friends with a greens keeper. Almost every golf course has them. I think pnbrock might have some fancy ones in his pond too. Be a canned hunt though for some koi. might cost a few bucks.... But you can at least put them on the wall.

Have bow, will travel? There are specimens in the river between Okanagan and Skaha lakes that I've seen that are just ridiculous. Like, I was afraid to be in the water with them, big. They normally hang out at the bottom of the river eating garbage, but you can get them to the surface with bread torn into pieces. I'm not sure what the regs are with invasive fish, but there are some serious scary monsters in there. I've seen them try to eat ducklings with their weird sucker-mouths.

Water is to low right now in the lower mainland to take advantage of the best areas.

My favorite spot was on the south side of the Fraser River in the slough just east of 264 right down by the Fraser River the fields would flood with about knee deep water we would just walk along and pick them off had a great time in this area.

or we would stand on the bridge and shoot them right in front of the guys fishing them with rods from the banks that had been there for hours never getting a bite.

All was well in the end cause we always gave all the carp to these guys that would have gone home empty actually many of these carp didn't make it past their trunks before getting sliced up and slurped down.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

I think I am going to try again on Monday. So you don't think 264th will be any good?

MY old man used to bow fish for em in Hatzic slough, dunno how the water level is in there now.