Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 moa guaranteed rifles

Re: 1 moa guaranteed rifles

Quote Originally Posted by walnutz View Post
    What distance do they base it on when they guarantee this?
    Here, read this

http://www.rifle-accuracy-reports.co...teofangle.html

I know 10+ hunters. I don't know one of them who has returned a rifle from not meeting the guarantee. I think it's BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by luger View Post
    What out of the box rifles are 1 moa at 100 yards guaranteed rifles?
    These are the ones i know of, Tikka t3 , any sako, Weatherby vanguard s2, winchester model 70.
    Anything else?
    Is there any Remingtons that are guaranteed?
    I'm skeptical of any guarantees, even though the Tikka, Sako and Weatherby rifles are all excellent.

Guaranteed in what way, and with what ammunition -- and for how many consecutive shots?

I can tell you that I have a custom target rifle that I use for competition. It will easily shoot 1/2 m.o.a. for 15 consecutive shots... as long as you feed it the load that it likes (a handload that took me a long time to work out). Other loads are garbage in this rifle.

I've also got an ancient military Mauser .30-06 that shoots 3/4 m.o.a. consistently, all the way out to 600 metres, for about the first 4 or 5 shots, as long as I feed it the special load that it likes.

From these experiences, I believe that any decent, modern bolt action has the potential to shoot 1 m.o.a. for THREE shots, as long as the stock/bedding are sound and you are feeding it ammo that it likes. I also believe that the "guaranteed" rifles will also shoot terrible groups if you feed them ammunition that they don't like.

Therefore, in my opinion, the accuracy potential of a rifle is more complicated than a simple "guarantee" posted in an ad. If you are planning to buy a rifle, you should probably speak with an experienced shooter to discuss your criteria, your plans, and your realistic expectations.

Over the years I had many Remington 700's, few would shoot 1" at 100yds mostly get an 1.25" at 100 for 3 shots. All the Remingtons are gone now, replaced with two Sako M85's both do 5 shots in an inch at 100m, a Savage Model 12 LRP will print 0.88" 5 shot at 200m on a good day, a Tikka heavy barrel 0.75" at 200 meters most anytime, a Tikka Varmint 223 Rem will put 10 shots in less than an inch at 100.
    There is a common thread here.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Quote Originally Posted by BCBRAD View Post
    Over the years I had many Remington 700's, few would shoot 1" at 100yds mostly get an 1.25" at 100 for 3 shots. All the Remingtons are gone now, replaced with two Sako M85's both do 5 shots in an inch at 100m, a Savage Model 12 LRP will print 0.88" 5 shot at 200m on a good day, a Tikka heavy barrel 0.75" at 200 meters most anytime, a Tikka Varmint 223 Rem will put 10 shots in less than an inch at 100.
    There is a common thread here.
    Just using a simple bi-pod I can get sub 1" moa with my Remington 700 on a good day where I feel I'm shooting well..did you try the Remington Core-Lokt ammo? This along with Federal Fusion is what mine shoots best..

Man I have a Model 70 featherweight (my first 'real' rifle) and the guarantee made me optimistic but I've never been able to squeeze past 1.5-1.75 moa with any of the factory loads I've tried. As its a hunting rig I'd rather it group decently with a few different options than be too picky but I was a little put out.