Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 out of 3 got a shared moose draw...?

Re: 2 out of 3 got a shared moose draw...?

have you called to get clarification from the ministry yet?

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    have you called to get clarification from the ministry yet?
    What needs to be clarified?

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    What needs to be clarified?
    if it was a mistake on filling out the cards or if (and I know it sounds crazy) they might have made a mistake?

Well we can be pretty certain it was a mistake filling out the cards in this case or all three would have been notified of their success ... though I guess there is a very slim chance there was a screw up at the "other end" how ever with the advice and questions posted and no response from the OP .. my thought is he figured out his screw up and we won't hear about it.

Hey Guys,

First off, thanks for the replies. I called Victoria and had a chat with them and got everything straightened out. So here's what happened:

Family friend of mine says him and his three buddies are going for deer in an area and wanted to know if i would like to go in. So I agree, thank him, and give him my number, I'll bring the beer, etc. Well at the last second they decide to change it to a moose hunt without mentioning it to me.

So then when the draw happened, I though I was only in for moose with my two friends and deer with the three guys. Well the three guys' moose draw comes up and they get skunked. So then I got automatically withdrawn from the group with my two friends, and they happened to get a moose tag as a group of two.

Shitty, but I'm glad it got sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointdexter View Post
    Hey Guys,

First off, thanks for the replies. I called Victoria and had a chat with them and got everything straightened out. So here's what happened:

Family friend of mine says him and his three buddies are going for deer in an area and wanted to know if i would like to go in. So I agree, thank him, and give him my number, I'll bring the beer, etc. Well at the last second they decide to change it to a moose hunt without mentioning it to me.

So then when the draw happened, I though I was only in for moose with my two friends and deer with the three guys. Well the three guys' moose draw comes up and they get skunked. So then I got automatically withdrawn from the group with my two friends, and they happened to get a moose tag as a group of two

Shitty, but I'm glad it got sorted out.
    Your numbers don't add up.

Your "family friend" guy and his 3 buddies could not have included you in the draw unless one of them wasn't licenced. Sounds like they just wanted your number to increase their odds and ended up screwing you out of the successful draw you were originally in with your friends.

With family friends like that who needs enemies. LOL.
    I was born at night... but not last night.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Yup, put in two applications for the same species and all your applications are null. Sucks they did that to you. You need to have a chat with your family friends and let them know that they should not be changing what animal you are applying for with them as they just screwed you out of a moose hunt (thank them very much for that).

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    Yup, put in two applications for the same species and all your applications are null. Sucks they did that to you. You need to have a chat with your family friends and let them know that they should not be changing what animal you are applying for with them as they just screwed you out of a moose hunt (thank them very much for that).
    oh yeah, I'm totally going to have a talk with him. "Thanks for the offer, but because of what happened I'll be going with other people next year."

confusing. but you got shafted by their lack of foresight .

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    This comes up every year so:

For a shared hunt if three or four hunters apply:

If four people go hunting they can take two moose.

If three people go hunting they can take two moose.

If two people go hunting they can take two moose.

If one person goes hunting he can take one moose.

Any hunter, of the four, with an unfilled tag can then hunt moose in any GOS.
    Thanks for the clarification