Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta elk draw

Re: Alberta elk draw

Thanks guys..I will only be able to find room..and permission for one elk in the home..wife insists..probably just euro..
    That being said these Suffield base tags will be a yearly thing..with 2 years getting you a tag...every second year..they need 4,000 elk harvested each year.
    Seen Phils 330 elk..ya thats good.where else am I going to have a decent chance at 2,500 bull elk...with the largest group of 350....400 anywhere.
    Great thought process bigbore..

Steven

srupp how did you pull this off. I tried to apply and working on a base here in BC I have all the security clearance but I was told by the province of Alberta that you had to be a resident and that there was no tags for non res?

Quote Originally Posted by DANOSON View Post
    srupp how did you pull this off. I tried to apply and working on a base here in BC I have all the security clearance but I was told by the province of Alberta that you had to be a resident and that there was no tags for non res?
    Need to apply with a resident, as srupp did. If you have any Antlered Elk priority in Alberta, then you can apply with a resident.

Quote Originally Posted by DANOSON View Post
    Hmm applying for Alberta elk with 8 years priority..not the only BC guy, nor am I the only hbc member with the draw..my hunter host and his son and I drew the tags also...
    We will just do the best we can to bring good meat home with no additives or hormones pumped in.
    Its a meat hunt amongst 8,500 animals...2,500 of them bulls...and some of them be monsters..
    Srr

Thumbs up Re: Alberta elk draw

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    ..not the only BC guy, nor am I the only hbc member with the draw..
    Drew with only three years priority.

With the amount of priority points this hunt gobbled up this season, the odds are pretty good the draw in the next few years will be damn near 'random". I'm thinking Steven is right on this, and it may well prove possible to draw there once every second or third year. I will of course be applying again!

Few pix that were posted on the other site for your viewing pleasure:

Like the forecast: Meat hunt with possibility of Monsters! LOL!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

You have to wonder if it was like that during the Lewis and Clark trek.. Wow some nice ones !!

If they continue with the hunt, I suspect this tag will continue to be relatively easy to draw...other than the very first season that is. I see that one staying pretty popular. I suspect lots of the later hunts will draw out with lots at zero priority. It was interesting that they included non-residents in this hunt as they don't on the Wainwright base hunt.

Hmmm heard today that natives are already at it shooting the shit out on the base..maybe non left by the time BC native..walks with limp in both legs..arrives?
    I thought that the natives were feb ? Not..sept..oct jov..dec..jan ?
    Anyone know ?

Dont know TJ..how it worked..however with 1160 tags..and 50% of those being cow tags alloeing tjose hunters to harvest 2 cows each..could be 2200 elk harvested natives might double that..theres the 4000 elk they wanted harvested.
    Just gets curiouser and curiouser. .

Walks with limp in both legs

Arrow Re: Alberta elk draw

Natives are NOT on the base yet Steven.
    They have been shooting in areas outside the fence, and I have heard of a couple good ones that have gone down that way.

Unclear as to "when" they might be allowed to hunt the base itself. What I was told was as you heard: February and after.

Only just over 500 Bull Tags (antlered for those who want to be picky) allocated to non-FN's and 2,500 Bulls (minimum) there.
    Unless they let the FN's run full amok (which I don't believe they will) there WILL be some good ones "left over" to choose from

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I suspect they will be in there during all open seasons as they were in 2014.