Re: Alberta elk draw

What are your dates
    I got a bull draw in the block for Jan 25-27
    There are still some decent bulls there
    should be some snow there and hopefully will be bulls left
    Promoting the sport of Archery and Bowhunting
    NCCP and IBEF Certification

Custom Knives and Game Calls

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    What are your dates
    I got a bull draw in the block for Jan 25-27
    There are still some decent bulls there
    should be some snow there and hopefully will be bulls left
    Hmm thats the same draw dates for Phil and myself..January 25..26..27th

Cheers
    Steven

may be we could hunt together
    when you guys gonna be here and where you stating?

Quote....."Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid"........John Wayne
    Quote....."It is far better to be alone than in bad company"........ George Washington

Cool Re: Alberta elk draw

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm thats the same draw dates for Phil and myself..January 25..26..27th
    Congratulations Steve!!

PM Sent

Cheers,
    Matt
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 07-18-2015 at 06:11 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    may be we could hunt together
    when you guys gonna be here and where you stating?
    Hmm congrads on your draw also...just an old BC paramedic dont know anytuing but plenty of big old elk last sept near the base..dont know if the draw is limeted to the 22 ranches that combined to make the base? We only just learned of our drawing the 2 tags 48 hours ago so we will chat Phil and I about hotels in the area and finding a map of the zone.there is no access for presvouting? So makes it short and sweet..with 1160 hunters prior to our hunt they should be thinned out and run hard..sneaky hidey holes or off limit areas or?
    My lovely wife Susan who walkes 10..12 kms 4x a week has insisted she come sherpa for me...or as Susan said " whose going to pack the elk to the truck, you?....pleeeease" lol..

Anyone that has info on this area or hunt please send me a pm..did I mention Please..
    Send ph number and I will call.
    Only hunted elk on ranches in the peace River....but willing to try..and to learn.
    Cheers
    Steven

You'll be hunting right on the military base...not a private ranch...that's why all the special restrictions....ie no scouting, no photos, check in for meeting every day, off limit areas, daily closures....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    You'll be hunting right on the military base...not a private ranch...that's why all the special restrictions....ie no scouting, no photos, check in for meeting every day, off limit areas, daily closures....etc.
    Hmmm thank you, always there great accurate useful information.
    Not setting my levels too high, seriously excited about this hunt..sure 1160 tags will have hone in before us..however there are approx 7,000 elk there.
    Would love to just get another delicous elk for me and share with my sisters familly..if its antlers add up to BIG..thats extra..the hunt with Phil is always fun.
    And having my lovely physically fit wife willing to help ..first time to travel with me to hunt! Bonus!
    Sheephunterab..your fans here in BC want more grizzly..whitetail..moose.elk...Please?
    Thanks
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by sheephunterab View Post
    Yuppers TJ is right.
    You wont be able to pre-scout as the military base wont let you on the land if you are not hunting there
    you can get out and walk if you want but its a big area and there will be snow on the ground and its pretty open country with rolling dips and hills
    They are also not fond of a truck full of people and prefer two per truck and like to limit the numbers of people going in for these hunts.
    there are off limit areas and no hunting/shooting areas as well that you will have to abide by.
    I have been on two cow hunts over the last couple years and at the end of January they will be bunched up in herds of 200-400 animals

Because of the what happened last year you might not get a monster like what has been seen in there in the past but there will be ones with good bone on them.
    My plan was to hold out for a good one if possible for the first couple days and tag out with any bull on the third

See you there Blacktail.... I'm just happy to go on the Base and see all the other game there, Whiteys ,Pronghorn , Muleys that have never been hunted..I to will hold out , that is Until Steve and my son Nathan get theirs..Not sure where the access into 732 is yet but I assume its one way in and one way out once you sign in..
    Just leave lots of room in that Big Ford Diesel Burner to stuff some Elk into
    the back Steve.