Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison hunting help offered.

Bison hunting help offered.

Hey guys,

I am a newer hunter but have hunted both of the bison hunting areas. I can provide insight to what is needed to make your hunt successful. I have been on 3 hunts and have been able to kill bison each time. It takes a lot of preparation but will help with making sure you're ready for it. I can also tell you how I've hunted them.

This hunt can easily cost upwards of $3500, so don't apply for this draw if you can't afford to actually make the hunt. Think snowmobile rental at $800 per week.

PM me for questions you might have. I'm not an expert but feel I could help people going in blind.
    Last edited by BiG Boar; 07-14-2015 at 05:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bison hunting help offered.

Good thread, I can offer a bit too, also if you live in the okanagan I have two skimmers anyone can borrow to pull behind the sleds...they were a big help in my hunt!

Great job Dave...
    Cheers
    Stevej

I'm all ears. Part of a 4 guy shared hunt for 7-57B for the last 1/2 of October. I'm thinking quads would be more useful at that time? I guess it could go either way at that time of year.
    Last edited by landphil; 07-14-2015 at 06:50 AM.
    Pretend hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    I'm all ears. Part of a 4 guy shared hunt for 7-57B for the last 1/2 of October. I'm thinking quads would be more useful at that time? I guess it could go either way at that time of year.
    You will be fine with quads at that time ( unless winter hits early as generally starts around Halloween)been up the quite a bit, just never lucky enough for that draw.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

You camping or staying at sitkanni river ranch?

PM me any questions landphil, you will most likely 98% be using a quad.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Stay at the old land strip on mile 171 on the left go in 5 miles and you're there, set up camp and find sign, shoot Buffalo , not much more to it, most of my buddies have done their draw and all the same ( except for me), once you find them, they are easy
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Right on ! good for you - and Quads will be the ticket in the the fall - UNLESS they get a Giant dump of Snow ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    You camping or staying at sitkanni river ranch?
    Don't know yet - if the rates are good, we might rent a cabin to keep it easy. Have a tent, stove, etc to camp too, so could go either way. Still trying to figure out how much public access there is to zone B, and if it's by quad trail or road or both. Still in the very early stages of planning, but it's coming fast, and the wife & I have an early shared moose draw to chase before then too. Not that I'm complaining.

BigBore - thanks for the offer - I'll take you up on that with a PM soon I am sure.

Browningboy - thanks for the pointers.
    Last edited by landphil; 07-14-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    Pretend hunter.