Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Jervis inlet

Re: Hunting Jervis inlet

What are they charging to ferry up a quad?

We did the last logging up there about 5 maybe 6 years ago bridges all came out but the first one just off the beach when we did herd a roumor that the guid was trying to put one to get quads across up the valley not sure if he ever did tho

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonjensen View Post
    We did the last logging up there about 5 maybe 6 years ago bridges all came out but the first one just off the beach when we did herd a roumor that the guid was trying to put one to get quads across up the valley not sure if he ever did tho
    Bridge at 13 kms was left in iirc.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1771 View Post
    reviving this to see who else pulled this draw?
    i have tried for that draw a couple of times. Three of us tried this year thinking we would go if we got at least one tag. NADA.

Since this thread popped up, I'll ask away...

I won the draw in 2-05, Zone G. Any tips?

^^Stakawus and Deserted Rivers are your best bet. I havent been there in a few years but last time I was in Stakawus it was polluted with them. Its a good draw location. I hope you are succesful.

Hoping to revive this thread and get some more recent info on MU 212 Zone Q (Skwawka River). Was lucky enough to get the Elk draw in there this fall. Wondering if anyone has done this hunt in m ore recent years and would be willing to share some tips. I have heard rumours that access has gotten tricky since the start of covid but not sure on how true that is.

Is it worth the effort to get quads in there now a days? What is the access to that loading dock like?

Thanks in advance!

I was up there in 2016, the dock was brand new that year. The first bridge was there and the other one at 13km was there but around the 10km mark you have to cross one of the rivers, if it’s raining it can blow out.

You need to have a quad. PM me if you want more info.

I was in there in 2019 with a friend who had a tag. Another guy from our group pulled it last year as well, but I was unable to attend that hunt.

Fire me a PM if you'd like some more info but what has already been mentioned in this thread is pretty accurate.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Was up there 2019. You need a quad to get way back where the elk are. Things are pretty grown up and overgrown. The bridges are good to go near the Inlet, further up there's a log bridge that's a little sketchy and could be washed out if it rained hard. The dock has a chain across it where one of the first nations groups is calling it their private property but in reality there's never been anyone there when I've been. The outfitter gets in there earlier than you will and gets a few bulls out but maybe not this year with no Americans coming in.