Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bino Harness

Bino Harness

Hey, I just want to ask what bino harness systems you are using?. Picked up a set of swaro's
    10x42 a few days ago, first reals binos.

The kuiu bino harness seems like the ticket but I haven't had the chance to see one yet.

EXV

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bino Harness

I use the s4 gear lockdown harness.
    http://www.s4gear.com/pages/products/lockdown.php

Kuiu is the way to go

Alaska guide creations. Jaret Owens is the owner and a great guy to deal with. The compact one is the one I'm using but there is a few different ones and sizes with different pocket configurations.

Had a Kuiu one, I went through two of them (falling apart after one week ) cheap china made junk in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Alaska guide creations. Jaret Owens is the owner and a great guy to deal with. The compact one is the one I'm using but there is a few different ones and sizes with different pocket configurations.

Had a Kuiu one, I went through two of them (falling apart after one week ) cheap china made junk in my opinion.

Seems like a very robust, buy it once and be done with it system.

Thanks for all the input thou, would be nice if a guy could "touch and feel" these products before buying them. It's hard to get the quality I feel is needed for mountain hunting while protecting the equipment that we rely on and is worth big $$$

I have thekuiu one and it's comfortable but I've found that the flip lid just constantly falls open on me and I just can't keep it closed

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Kuiu is the way to go
    X2 Kuiu is the way to go . Been using it for 2 years no problems with mine . Tried most on the market can give you a good deal on used S4 LockDown, .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    I have thekuiu one and it's comfortable but I've found that the flip lid just constantly falls open on me and I just can't keep it closed
    I was having the same problem and then someone clued me in that the tension pulls at the bottom are to tighten it down. Just slide the adjuster up and it locks it in quite tight.

I have also been using the KUIU for the last 2 years. I quite like it. Mine has had no issues with poor quality. I am no KUIU fan but tolerate them as they have a few products I've liked. The bino harness being one. Just got the merino bottoms with zip offs. Pretty fantastic this morning. Cool enough to need them and once the sun hit, off in 10 seconds.

Anyways...back on topic.

KUIU is a decent harness in my opinion.

That said, I'd back SR80's mention of the Alaska Guide Creation. I have a compact on the way after checking out SR80's. There is newer version with a front pocket and it sounds pretty dang skookum.

Jaret is a stand up guy. Not just a little bit, but through and through. One conversation with him and you'll know you are dealing with someone who cares about you and your needs.

He is a little gun shy on shipping to Canada, he recently had a package of three go missing along the way. But I am sure he'd do it, I just happen to have a box in Blaine.

The craziest part was he said he'll leave a note in the package with how much I owe him and to "get him off a cheque or something once I have it if I like it".

I'll post pics once I get my mitts on it.

We're using the Leupold harnesses, not expensive and work well. Mine are now 10 years old and still going strong.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.