Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my 2013

Re: my 2013

As i turn around too look at what he is pointing at i see a big bodied mule doe ...

Focus changed, i turn around .

Not 5 seconds from turning around i catch movement 100 yards behind her ...

Comming out of a small dip i see tines, dark ones , ones that fork ... fork from the back , and we all know what that "usually" means... .

Binos up again ...
    1,2,3... and 4 points ...

My son now sees this buck on his own and says dad shoot ! Shoot that buck!
    They both hear his excited trying to whisper little voice and pin us down staring right thru the both of us .

They are roughly 150 ish yards away

*Problem was that i had my rifle propped up on the log next to me , and now that they were staring us down and being not to to experianced at that point i froze worried they were going to bolt if we moved ...

To my suprize they started to continue across in front of us the same path that they were heading in originally .

So i slowly grabbed my rifle
    *My son put on his ear muffs as he was right beside me .* He knows what is about to happen .

I crept off the log and got into a kneeling position.

Another confirmation he was 4 .
    You bet.

Safety off.

"My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

I lined up right behind the shoulder ,took a deep breath and squeezed...

He bucks turns 90° and heads straight down hill away from us ...

As we watch he makes it 100 yards and starts to stumble over his own feet . He makes it almost down to the deactivated road below and expires . Woah that happened quick . Right on . High fives with the little man we pack up and head back to the car and pull down and around to the blocked road and walk in / run . Trying to keep up to my boy he gets to the buck first and lets quite the holler go.

We had called my wife after the shot to come up . Turns out she was allready out and about looking for her own buck after she had run some errands . She shows up just as we get the buck drug down to the road to take a picture

That was it for this season . As she was pregant with our second allready and we had lots of stuff to do around home in preperation . Good season all in all

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showp...=35841&cat=500
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

2014 was a busy year with a career change in the works andy second boy blessing us in on april 4th at 4pm 2014 .. lucky boy! I harvested a small whitetail meat buck for 2014 thats it . Stay tuned for 2015!! ��

Awesome! Congrats on the two kids, wonderful wife, and hopefully a better job! Oh yeah, congrats on the successful hunting trips as well. Very nice bucks, thanks for sharing. Definitely helps to get a guy going for this year as well. Hope to read your future success story from this season as well.

Awesome! Congrats on the two deer.extra special having your son on one of the hunts. Good luck this up coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Awesome! Congrats on the two deer.extra special having your son on one of the hunts. Good luck this up coming season.
    Super special! Both of my boys have sure taken a liking to this lifestyle . Not going to complain! Best of luck to you both aswell!