Thread: New bow for grandson

New bow for grandson

One of my grandsons is 10 yrs old. He's been shooting for a bit with a junior Bear and now has outgrown it. Took him to the local and seems his DL is 23"-23.5 and his DW right now is about 25lbs.
    As he will probably being growing for some time yet I am interested in checking out compounds that have a wider adjustable DW. His dad & mother are not very tall and I see him taking after his dad in the height department.
    I was told of the Mathews Mission line of bows but can't find one close to us on the island to view yet. Any suggestions on other bows that might be similar in specs that have a wide range for DW ?
    thnks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New bow for grandson

Check out the Diamond Infinite Edge by Bowtech with adjustment range from 5 to 70 lbs in weight and 12" to 30" draw length

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Check out the Diamond Infinite Edge by Bowtech with adjustment range from 5 to 70 lbs in weight and 12" to 30" draw length
    x2....shot by adults and kids alike.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Take a look at the G5 Quest Radical. http://questbowhunting.com/bow_detail/Radical I can order one in for you. Call for pricing.

Specs

• IBO Speed: 295 FPS
    • Axle to Axle: 29.25"
    • Brace Height: 7.125"
    • Weight: 3.25 lbs.
    • Draw Length: 17.5" - 30" (HALF INCH INCREMENTS)
    • Pounds: 15 - 70
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    X-3 good set up

X4 on the Infinite Edge. It's the bow I shoot and I absolutely love it!

Another has thrown another hat in the rign......Martin Krypton...any one have experience with this mfg/model? thanks

The new bear one is pretty sweet too. Cruze I think it is called. Adjustable from 5 to 70 pounds and 12 to 31" draw.

Ok so far I've checked out the following and all seem to have wide ranges of adjustment for DL & DW.
    Mathews Mission Craze $360 Bare Bow
    Bear Cruzer $450 Cabelas RTS
    Martin Krypton $350 Bare Bow
    Diamond Infinite Edge $420 RTS
    G5 Quest Radical $450 RTS
    He shot the Mission yesterday and thought it was pretty cool...gal at local tuned it down to 25 DW and 21DL for him. I was really impressed with how quiet that bow is
    He's got a bit of saving to do. His Dad said he's go 50% and there's a good possability that Grandpa may kick in too. I already offered to canabilize my #2 bow of accessories if he chooses a bare bow option.
    I'm hoping he'll get lots of chances to shoot different bows before he's finished.....time will tell.
    thanks all for your input

So to close this off. I went with a Bear Apprentice 2. Thank you donny.brooke . I received it Monday but haven't had a chance to have any of my grandsons to shoot it yet.