Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Powered boat loader

Re: Powered boat loader

Had a 4 boys installed a month ago and it works like a dream. I understand the load it is manufactured in China i chose canadian manufacturing. Friend has an older Westcan not as strong as the 4 boys the 4 boys is very well made.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Just a heads up, there's a guy selling one on FB for $600, that's a screaming deal!! K
    Will look into it !
    thanks

There's a gent just North of Kamloops that makes them.
    They look great.
    I haven't seen his advertisements in a while, so not sure if he's
    taking a break or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Had a 4 boys installed a month ago and it works like a dream. I understand the load it is manufactured in China i chose canadian manufacturing. Friend has an older Westcan not as strong as the 4 boys the 4 boys is very well made.
    Good to know thanks, I was told Load-it was manufactured in mission, so I’ll have to check into this.

A buddy has one for sale in West Kelowna. Its like new. I can get you details tomorrow if you like. Shoot me a pm if interested

Okay want to get one for the front when towing fifth wheel, what do they cost?
    i am in poco and do I need to install a front hitch
    "Life is too short."

Hmmm go with Glen..he is in the Langly area..great to deal with quality is top notch..he has units for front ..when towing a fifth wheel or regular over the box units.
    4 boys deals with aluminum railing etc..boat loaders seem to be a side gig.
    I have my original boat loader from Glens Brother Len from 3 trucks ago...20 ? Years..
    Went through 1 motor,1 solonoid in all those years and went to Glens shop while in Vancouver for replacement.
    Done exellent by me.
    cheers
    Steven

Well went with the load it, they had a sale on till July 31 and I also got the options free, pick it up aug 6, will see how hard it is to put together.
    "Life is too short."

Hmmm congrads..
    you do know real men can put it together blindfolded. ..after a complete case of beer..using power tools. .lol
    back in the day ..Len put mine together and installed it..loaned Susan his VW..while he did the work..so I can not give advice...

Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
    Well went with the load it, they had a sale on till July 31 and I also got the options free, pick it up aug 6, will see how hard it is to put together.
    Read the instructions very carefully (and more than once) before you start. Take your time and it should work out well. I did mine at home and it has been solid for almost 20 years.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....