Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer in Throes of Death

Re: Deer in Throes of Death

I was camped out on the shore of gaspard lake in Gang ranch one year. On the first night I had a grizz investigating my tent, while I was in it. That was neat.
    In in the morning it was hanging out Sunning itself on the shore a couple hundred yards from camp.

That day the Cowboys pushed a herd of cattle through and must have lost a straggler.

That night I woke to a cow balling, and it sounded as if it was running right through the trees/splintering them. It may have been.. Then all was silent. Morning came, there was Ravens hanging in the trees a couple hundred yards away. As we approached we were startled to inadvertantly sneak up so close to a young griz feeding on the cow.

Anyways a few nights later when it was getting ripe, we were all sitting by the fire when this scream from across the lake near the dam, a scream was let loose.
    This was the only time the dogs barked or even acted up. They were on red alert like never before. It was creepy. We were all troubled by it. It didn't sound like that deer at all or any other animal any of us have ever heard.
    It sounded as I would imagine a human being dissected, dismembered, and disembowelled would be screaming. A human tone.

We we all slept in the trucks from then on for the remainder of the trip. The morning after the scream my father and I scoured the area for hours and hours, expecting to find a body of a cowboy, but didn't find anything particularly interesting.

We heard what we believe was a cougar in heat one night while sleeping under the stars....I kept the fire burning all night.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

We were walking down a narrow quad trail back to camp at dusk, dense pine stands on either side of the trail so thick you couldn't see more than a few yards into the treeline and the light of the full moon cast eerie shadows. The wind was calm so you could hear the pine needles fall and the mice scurry in the underbrush. We had come across several kill sites on the property we were hunting so we knew there were predators around and we were on high alert. Suddenly we heard a wretched shrieking like a banshee out of hell, sounded like it was 20 yards away but our minds were playing tricks on us so it could have been further for all I know. It was the most horrible thing I've heard and I won't lie when I say that our pace quickened and our rifles were unslung. Later that evening while we were sitting outside the tent enjoying the night, buddies dog suddenly starts freaking out snarling and whining. Never found out what he was upset about but we slept that night with rifles and a shotgun close at hand.

Hey there's an ad for the Great Bear Rain Forest eco-tourism business. Quick, send it to Global TV and the CBC.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Freakiest thing I heard was something very similar in williams lake camping out by myself in a small tent in November one night. I figured cougar killing a deer of something. Was glad my buddies were showing up the next afternoon. Definetly a noise I'll never forget.