Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grouse Hatch?

Re: Grouse Hatch?

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Saw a few does with fawns up there on Saturday and on the way out on Sunday, had mother hen run across the road in front of us. There was no one behind me, so I was able to stop briefly as to not run her over... then we watched 7 little cheepers zip across the road, pretty much one at a time. Each one I'm thinking... are they done?! They have definitely hatched around here.
    That's good news, hoping to get out this year for grouse near to home.

Last year was awesome year for blues and ruffies,,,,,,I been seeing lots of birds in any direction of Kamloops,,,,,,tons of blues again this year I think just like last year,,,,,,should be awesome year for birding
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    Last year was awesome year for blues and ruffies,,,,,,I been seeing lots of birds in any direction of Kamloops,,,,,,tons of blues again this year I think just like last year,,,,,,should be awesome year for birding
    Yep. We at a few.

Looking forward to a repeat!

Went for a cruise mid island and saw 4 grouse on the road within an hour with about 5 chicks each, about the size of a plum. They'll be nearly as big as their moms by September. Last year was decent and this year should be even better, with a nice dry spring.

They are starting to make a showing up here in the NorthWest. Everything is all strangely out of season with the weather as of late, but there they are.

Shooed several off the road. It really pissed me off when I shooed one off onto the shoulder, then some douchebag actually swerved to hit it while I was standing there. There's all sorts here in the Nass Valley.
    "Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

- Hunter S. Thompson

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

- George Orwell

Weather has been favorable and looks like it will continue to be favorable for the little cheepers. Second year in a row! Mild winter good for last years fawns and dry weather good so far this year. Ticks were crappy and fires might bad though. Hoping to see a few more Region 2 grouse in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by EricPaul View Post
    Went for a cruise mid island and saw 4 grouse on the road within an hour with about 5 chicks each, about the size of a plum. They'll be nearly as big as their moms by September. Last year was decent and this year should be even better, with a nice dry spring.
    they are on there second clutch....chicks have flew the roost.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Weather has been favorable and looks like it will continue to be favorable for the little cheepers. Second year in a row! Mild winter good for last years fawns and dry weather good so far this year. Ticks were crappy and fires might bad though. Hoping to see a few more Region 2 grouse in the fall.
    Saw an absolute hammer of a grouse the other night. Few others around as well. Lookin good

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    they are on there second clutch....chicks have flew the roost.
    is it possable for a third clutch, or chicks from the first having a clutch before summers end?
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Have seen lots of adults right behind our Tulameen cabin this weekend.
    Rarely ever see them this close.
    If they hang around 'till the Fall I might be able to go from cabin to River and back to the BBQ with dinner in under 5 minutes.