Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutthroats, rainbows and cryfish, oh my!!!

Re: Cutthroats, rainbows and cryfish, oh my!!!

crayfish are in most of the waters in the lower mainland

Any place that holds a salmon run seems to hold higher numbers. Looking for locations with clean clear water is more of the limiting issue.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Tons around Mission. Just make sure you get them from clean sources... you don't want to eat them out of the fraser or some stagnant slough with farm run-off since they are resident and eat vegetation and dead things. You don't want to grow a chemical induced third nipple! Harrison lake/river, pitt lake / river, kawkawa are all pretty decent. Salmon river in Langley has monsters you can catch for fun but you dont want to be eating them.
    Salmon river was good in the seventies. Not much run off in the Dewdney slough. It has a dyke on both sides and the water is blue.

MMMMMMMM minnie lobsters with garlic butter.

Man, I've been Jonesing for a boat after lately rediscovering my love for fishing. That Fish Hunter with an electric motor is exactly what I want... no, NEED! My wife would never understand how absolutely *vital* this purchase is... don't Add to Cart... don't do it! ...
    Sapienter si sincere

Quote Originally Posted by Fred1 View Post
    Brag about the antlers not the caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by FourOhs View Post
    Man, I've been Jonesing for a boat after lately rediscovering my love for fishing. That Fish Hunter with an electric motor is exactly what I want... no, NEED! My wife would never understand how absolutely *vital* this purchase is... don't Add to Cart... don't do it! ...
    Lol check to see if you can find it local so you don't have to pay shipping. I've seen Wholesale, Canadian Tire. Army & Navy and Walmart carry them. Last seen at Wholesale. I like the FH-280 (the 9foot one) ... the smaller ones you'd be hard pressed to fit 2 and would probably be hard to control. My brother has the big one... lots more space but uses more battery, takes up a little more room, etc. Either the medium or large one is the way to go. Good deal though... say $250 boat + $140 motor + $120 battery + $80 motor mount and you got a pretty durable boat for around $600-$700. Vital purchase I would say!! Again, I've had mine around 6 years and it's seen hundreds of days on the water, left to bake in the sun, dragged through rocks, run up against log jams and it just keeps working. I do have a spare for that one day it breaks and is not worth repairing. So far I've only had to patch it once... first day out I sat on some need nose players lol