Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoked bear hams

Re: Smoked bear hams

I like mine cold sliced thin in the meat slicer with mustard...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Oh, you buggers... now I'm really hungry!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

you ever boil then smoke or BBQ?
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

hey guys, do you have any preference between spring and fall bears for the meat?
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

spring spring spring. better quality meat less fat to deal with
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

I prefer the fatty fall bear meat, berry or grain fed, nicely marbled. Thinking i might wrap my bear ham in bacon then slow roast/smoke on the bbq as the spring meat is pretty lean.

Just got my breakfast sausages and bratwurst back from the butcher, fantastic!

Got the hams back, 4 at about 7lbs each. The old lady thawed one in the fridge, boiled with cloves for 1/2 an hour, put it in the roaster at 350. Made a glaze with brown sugar, honey, white wine, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder. Cooked till well, well done.

It really couldnt be any better, damn delicious! People that dont eat bear are simply missing out on some of the easiest to harvest, tasty meat out there. And zero concerns as to population numbers.

Right on! I'm a huge fan of bear ham and I'm glad it worked out well for you. Welcome to the club!
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.